Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Delicious Ribs...

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks again, forum members, for all the great recipes/advice. Last nights baby back ribs were DELICIOUS! Only have to remember to put more liquid in the drip pan (used 1 bottle of beer - it was all gone and drippings were beginning to burn). I was so reluctant to open up and peek that I may have overcooked them just a tad, but they were still SUPERB.[p]BTW - I used the Struttin Sauce from Smoke and Spice. Great complement to JJ's fantastic rub.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Jerry,
    Sounds like a success. You can see a lot by peeking through the top vent. Use a flashlight, and don't peak when cooking at high temps!! Works great.[p]Opening the egg is not detrimental to the cook if done sparingly. If you do open the egg, just keep the open-time short, as the fire gets bigger every second you allow all that new air in.[p]Thanks for the report.
    Happy 4th.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Jerry,[p]Congrats on the ribs. I know what you're going through. I just did a rack of ribs today - four hours, 250 dome temp, dry rub left on overnight. They came out just the way I've dreamed about - succulent, tender. [p]Isn't this forum great.
  • Thanks for the tip, Nature Boy. That's a GREAT idea. You know, there was a while when the smell coming out of Mr. Egg was just unbelievably mouth-watering. I think that was a clue that the ribs were at their prime. Next time I will definitely get the flashlight out.[p]BTW, it was raining throughout my cook, but I attached a beach umbrella with a built in clamp to the front handle of the Egg. It worked great.
    Thanks again,
    Jerry

• char buddy,
    These were my first ribs, although I've had my BGE for a year now. I can't tell you how pleased I was by the results - scumptious![p]Yes this forum is the greatest. Although I don't post often, be assured that I read it *often* and file alot of information away for later use. You guys are just great![p]Jerry

• char buddy,
    These were my first ribs, although I've had my BGE for a year now. I can't tell you how pleased I was by the results - scrumptious![p]Yes this forum is the greatest. Although I don't post often, be assured that I read it *often* and file alot of information away for later use. You guys are just great![p]Jerry