Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 pork butt set up?

CWarren
CWarren Posts: 5
If I want to do a third pork butt on my large BGE, what set up options do I have.  Is there a high enough raised grid while still leaving dome room?? Might not be enough space to do it regardless.  This is my two butt set up.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    If you have any type grid at all you can set it on top of thw two butts and then put the third on. The extent of space depends on the size of the third butt but you should have room.  Will likely need to remove the clip from the dome thermo and run the thermo thru a spacer (wine cork) on the outside of the dome  for temperature readings.  Remember shrinkage as they cook.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WalrusBBQ
    WalrusBBQ Posts: 153
    Looks like the grid extender (group buy) would definitely work
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• bccomstock
    bccomstock Posts: 338
    WalrusBBQ said:
    Yep.. Grid extender with a smaller grate to accommodate using the platesetter..
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Basically Dead Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
  • WalrusBBQ said:
    Yep.. Grid extender with a smaller grate to accommodate using the platesetter..
    Yep, did that just last night/this morning.  Don't forget about the dome thermometer.  Don't ask what can happen if you don't remove it, just do it.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014