Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

3 pork butt set up?

CWarrenCWarren Posts: 5
If I want to do a third pork butt on my large BGE, what set up options do I have.  Is there a high enough raised grid while still leaving dome room?? Might not be enough space to do it regardless.  This is my two butt set up.
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,227
    If you have any type grid at all you can set it on top of thw two butts and then put the third on. The extent of space depends on the size of the third butt but you should have room.  Will likely need to remove the clip from the dome thermo and run the thermo thru a spacer (wine cork) on the outside of the dome  for temperature readings.  Remember shrinkage as they cook.
    Louisville
    ·
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    Looks like the grid extender (group buy) would definitely work
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

·
  • bccomstockbccomstock Posts: 332
    WalrusBBQ said:
    Yep.. Grid extender with a smaller grate to accommodate using the platesetter..
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·
  • WalrusBBQ said:
    Yep.. Grid extender with a smaller grate to accommodate using the platesetter..
    Yep, did that just last night/this morning.  Don't forget about the dome thermometer.  Don't ask what can happen if you don't remove it, just do it.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·