Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

The Mini Working Overtime at the Beach - 3 part meal all on the mini

Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 165
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
I wanted to share a couple photos/ideas, not because that this cook is special or unique, but rather to show off the mini's cooking capacity & versatility.  We are spending a few weeks down on St Simons Island, and the mini came with us (actually, that's why I got the mini in the first place).  We had some friends down for the weekend; I egged our entire meal on the mini last Saturday night. 

Started off the the meal with 2 lbs of fresh GA shrimp cooked in the wok (mini-woo set up).  The shrimp were given a little olive oil then tossed in some adobo seasoning.

image     image

Next phase was grilled corn on the cob - rubbed in olive oil then salt & pepper.  Grilled raised direct on woo till some kernels started to char and turn black.

The last round was the tri-tip steaks.  Had 9 small tri tip steaks that I never thought would all fit at one time, but they did.  Cooked around 600-650 raised direct on woo until they were at 125*-135* then pulled to let rest.

image   image   image

For what its worth, I did not have to reload any lump.  I was running the mini hot for a good 45-60 minutes and still had some lump leftover.

Takeaways - the mini is a fuel efficient workhorse.  With some arranging, the cooking space is more than meets the eye.  Everything that comes off it tastes pretty damn good.

Not pictured - beverage of choice was Makers and soda water.

Atlanta suburbs
Large & Mini owner
UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!

Comments