Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

pizza dough ?

Tried my first thin crust pizzas Friday night and was fairly pleased with the results.  But I have a question - do you guys pre bake just the crust for any length of time and then put your toppings on?  I only did them at around 500 (raised indirect with stone placed on the swing rack) and pre baked just the crust for around 5 minutes.  Put the toppings on and finished for about another 5 minutes.  I am just using bread flour but will be ordering some Caputo "00" flour as i can't find anyplace around here that sells it.  Also, using 6 in 1 crushed tomatos as my sauce base.  I just wasn't getting the big bubbles on the outside rim of my crust like I have seen some of you guys post.  Not sure if it was the flour, how I did it, etc...  I actually flipped the crust after the prebake then put my toppings on the side that was on the stone for the first 5 minutes.  Was just nervous it wasn't going to get all the way done without burning.  Probably not how it is supposed to be done so I am looking for your temp and timing.

Just curious if you pre bake and if so, at what temp and for how long?  I think I will give them another shot tomorrow night.  Thanks guys.

Comments