Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Mini Working Overtime at the Beach - 3 part meal all on the mini

Crispix49
Crispix49 Posts: 191
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
I wanted to share a couple photos/ideas, not because that this cook is special or unique, but rather to show off the mini's cooking capacity & versatility.  We are spending a few weeks down on St Simons Island, and the mini came with us (actually, that's why I got the mini in the first place).  We had some friends down for the weekend; I egged our entire meal on the mini last Saturday night. 

Started off the the meal with 2 lbs of fresh GA shrimp cooked in the wok (mini-woo set up).  The shrimp were given a little olive oil then tossed in some adobo seasoning.

image     image

Next phase was grilled corn on the cob - rubbed in olive oil then salt & pepper.  Grilled raised direct on woo till some kernels started to char and turn black.

The last round was the tri-tip steaks.  Had 9 small tri tip steaks that I never thought would all fit at one time, but they did.  Cooked around 600-650 raised direct on woo until they were at 125*-135* then pulled to let rest.

image   image   image

For what its worth, I did not have to reload any lump.  I was running the mini hot for a good 45-60 minutes and still had some lump leftover.

Takeaways - the mini is a fuel efficient workhorse.  With some arranging, the cooking space is more than meets the eye.  Everything that comes off it tastes pretty damn good.

Not pictured - beverage of choice was Makers and soda water.

Atlanta suburbs
Large & Mini owner
UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!

Comments