Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Thinking about repairing my cracked fire ring

Hi guys & gals,
  Lately I've been feeling the urge to take everything out of the egg and sweep all the ash out real thoroughly then put it all back together. I just haven't cleaned it out any more than getting the ash out with the ash tool since I bought it 3 years ago. This got me thinking about the cracked fire ring (and possibly fire box). The manual said not to worry about it so I haven't. But if I'm taking everything out for a good dusting why not repair it? 
  I did some research and this stuff (http://www.omega.com/Manuals/manualpdf/M1239.pdf) was highly recommended by another egghead. I'm just curious what the wise folks here would advise. Will it potentially give me a bit better performance if it were repaired? If not, should I just set the broken parts back in and forget about it? What advice do you have for me on this matter?

Comments