Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thinking about repairing my cracked fire ring

Options
Hi guys & gals,
  Lately I've been feeling the urge to take everything out of the egg and sweep all the ash out real thoroughly then put it all back together. I just haven't cleaned it out any more than getting the ash out with the ash tool since I bought it 3 years ago. This got me thinking about the cracked fire ring (and possibly fire box). The manual said not to worry about it so I haven't. But if I'm taking everything out for a good dusting why not repair it? 
  I did some research and this stuff (http://www.omega.com/Manuals/manualpdf/M1239.pdf) was highly recommended by another egghead. I'm just curious what the wise folks here would advise. Will it potentially give me a bit better performance if it were repaired? If not, should I just set the broken parts back in and forget about it? What advice do you have for me on this matter?
XL 2010 w/ Self-made hardwood lump charcoal

Comments