Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Will it work? Will it fit?

Hibby
Hibby Posts: 606
I have a Large BGE and I have a Ceramic Grill Works Swing Grate. I'm just about to purchase a WOO2 and I am wondering if the swing grate will properly sit atop the WOO2? Does anyone have this combination currently working? I also have the grill extender group buy which I know will work with the woo2 so it's not a deal breaker. Just curious. Thanks for your time.
I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Does your Woo have handles? I don't believe they work together if so.
  • Hibby
    I haven't purchased the woo yet
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    If you're referring to the PSWoo2, I believe the handles would prevent the CGW Swing Grate from sitting properly on the PSWoo2. Perhaps you could call Tom at CGS and order one without handles.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Sorry, lack of reading comprehension on my part.
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    The swing grate won't work with the handles. You can order one without handles, or cut the handles off (that's what I did). I find it a little unstable some times though...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • Hibby
    Thanks. That's what I needed to know.