Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egging in the rain - question

tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737

I have a LBGE and I'm turbo cooking a BB right now. It is raining in the ATL and I have put my rain cap on the egg. I bought it at Lowe's and have seen pictures on the site. Stainless steel and sits about 4-5 inches above the DFMT.

Question - do I need to adjust any of the vents/DFMT to compensate for the rain cap? Smoke seems to be flowing pretty good right now. Have never used this setup before.

Thanks

LBGE, Marietta, GA
·

Comments

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,485
    You'll be fine.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 365
    You won't have any problems, I too am dealing with the Atlanta area weather. At least the temperature is nice, in the 70's or 80's instead of the mid 90's or worse.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Question - do I need to adjust any of the vents/DFMT to compensate for the rain cap?

NO.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    please send pictures of this rain cap on your egg im very curious  because it seems to be raining every time I do a cook 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
    Here's mine. 6" chimney cap bought at TSC. Fits perfectly around the DFMT.
    image.jpg 2.6M

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,416
    shtgunal3 said:
    Here's mine. 6" chimney cap bought at TSC. Fits perfectly around the DFMT.
    You're not going to make very many bank shots on that basketball hoop.
    ·
    That's what happens when your kid uses the backboard for target practice with a paintball gun.

·
    shtgunal3 said:
    That's what happens when your kid uses the backboard for target practice with a paintball gun.
    He has a great jump shot, apparently.
    ·
    edited July 2013
    tulocay,

I have one of these: image

It works quite well as a replacement for the DFMT. It costs about 38 bucks.

EDIT: Here is the website.
    ·
  • pkaboo1pkaboo1 Posts: 112
    Let it rain.
    zz6.JPG 1.1M
    Snellville,Ga.
    ·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,102
    tulocay,

I have one of these: image

It works quite well as a replacement for the DFMT. It costs about 38 bucks.

EDIT: Here is the website.
    @eggcelsior - where did you get that? Nice
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
    edited July 2013
    @gatabites eggware.net

You can get 15% off by entering the code "MIKE"
    ·