Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Boiled Peanuts (pix)

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 1,723

These are hands down my favorite summertime snack.  The only problem is that they're so dang addictive!  :)  I boiled up about 5 lbs worth yesterday...not in my BGE, but instead in my turkey cooker (hence the Off Topic category).  I got the salt to water ratio spot on....  I put almost 2 cups of Kosher Salt in the pot along with almost a half pot of water.  I also added a little bit of boiling water a couple times into the cook to compensate for evaporation.  Boiled them for about 4 hours and then let them rest in the salty water off the burner for a couple more hours.  Turned out some of my best boiled peanuts to date.  :)  Can't wait to snack on these while I wait for my ribs to smoke up on the 4th of July.  :)  That is IF they make it 'til Thursday.  ;)

Had to take the cooker to my garage for the cook since it was pouring down outside.

I loooove the smell of boiled peanuts cooking away.  Nothing like it.

I know some of you out there can't stand boiled peanuts, but this SC country boy likes 'em.  ;)  Haters gonna hate and potatoes gonna po-tate.  ;)

2014 Co-Wing King

Comments