Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Boiled Peanuts (pix)

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 1,714

These are hands down my favorite summertime snack.  The only problem is that they're so dang addictive!  :)  I boiled up about 5 lbs worth yesterday...not in my BGE, but instead in my turkey cooker (hence the Off Topic category).  I got the salt to water ratio spot on....  I put almost 2 cups of Kosher Salt in the pot along with almost a half pot of water.  I also added a little bit of boiling water a couple times into the cook to compensate for evaporation.  Boiled them for about 4 hours and then let them rest in the salty water off the burner for a couple more hours.  Turned out some of my best boiled peanuts to date.  :)  Can't wait to snack on these while I wait for my ribs to smoke up on the 4th of July.  :)  That is IF they make it 'til Thursday.  ;)

Had to take the cooker to my garage for the cook since it was pouring down outside.

I loooove the smell of boiled peanuts cooking away.  Nothing like it.

I know some of you out there can't stand boiled peanuts, but this SC country boy likes 'em.  ;)  Haters gonna hate and potatoes gonna po-tate.  ;)

2014 Co-Wing King

Comments