Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best way to freeze cooked butt

CoolBeesCoolBees Posts: 32
What is the best way to freeze and reheat smoked pork butt ? I've read most like to pull and vacuum pack while others claim doing it whole is better. Is there a consensus as to which method provides the closest to "right off the smoker" taste?
·

Comments

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,460
    You can reheat whole butt and then pull but I haven't seen any advantages. I pull and vacuum pack portions I want then reheat in boiling water. Very fast and easy and doesn't dry out meat like warming a whole butt in the oven can do.
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • FurallFurall Posts: 103
    Wolfpack said:

You can reheat whole butt and then pull but I haven't seen any advantages. I pull and vacuum pack portions I want then reheat in boiling water. Very fast and easy and doesn't dry out meat like warming a whole butt in the oven can do.

+1 just did it this weekend with some I had in freezer.
    ·
  • Furall said:
    +1 just did it this weekend with some I had in freezer.
    +2  Pulled some out this weekend also, quickly defrosted and added into a meatloaf mixture.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·