Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best way to freeze cooked butt

Options
CoolBees
CoolBees Posts: 32
What is the best way to freeze and reheat smoked pork butt ? I've read most like to pull and vacuum pack while others claim doing it whole is better. Is there a consensus as to which method provides the closest to "right off the smoker" taste?

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    You can reheat whole butt and then pull but I haven't seen any advantages. I pull and vacuum pack portions I want then reheat in boiling water. Very fast and easy and doesn't dry out meat like warming a whole butt in the oven can do.
    Greensboro, NC
  • Furall
    Furall Posts: 124
    Options
    Wolfpack said:

You can reheat whole butt and then pull but I haven't seen any advantages. I pull and vacuum pack portions I want then reheat in boiling water. Very fast and easy and doesn't dry out meat like warming a whole butt in the oven can do.

+1 just did it this weekend with some I had in freezer.
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    Furall said:
    +1 just did it this weekend with some I had in freezer.
    +2  Pulled some out this weekend also, quickly defrosted and added into a meatloaf mixture.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014