Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Best Eva First Pizza

Been busy with kitchen renovations so I haven't been egging that much. I couldn't wait to get back to it and make our first pizza on the egg. I've done a few low temp cooks to cure the gasket so I was ready to a 500* - 600* dome temp. I set up my PSWoo3 with the Plate Setter feet down. I put the pizza stone on top of the ss grid which is at felt level with the Woo. That leaves about a 1/2" air gap between the stone and plate setter. I stabilized the egg at 550 with the stone in the egg for the warm up and stabilization period (about 45 minutes). The dough was from our favoite Italian Deli. For the toppings we used a pesto from a local farm which the farmer calls "Besto Pesto". Added fresh Buffalo Mozzarella and grape tomatoes (too many). It was in the egg for about 10 minutes which was longer than I expected from some of the posts and videos that I reviewed. I came out great. The crust was done just right and the hint of smoke that the cheese and crust picked up made it so delicious. We make a home made pizza on a regular basis but this one was far and away the best we've ever done.

Before

After

Comments