Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

sliders

awm
awm Posts: 181

Im wanting do do some sliders for the 4th, and bought the bge slider basket today. Ive never done them before, but figure that it cant be much differnt than burgers just cook a little faster since there so thin. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for using the basket, like a temp, and how long for each side. Thanks.

Comments

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273

I cook them all the time, never use a basket.  Just gotta be delicate turning them.   Yep, your right they do cook a little faster.  Just a burger though.

Cookin in Texas
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,616
    I've never used the basket. I have done sliders several times. I go 350-400 raised direct till the IT hits about 150.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Crispy
    Crispy Posts: 12
    a bit off-topic, but wanted to share a great trick i caught on the tv to actually make the slider patties.  

if you drop the ground meat (we do bison and beef mix) into a sheet pan and then cover with wax paper, you can then use a wine bottle or a dough roller to flatten the meat to an even thickness. found that 1 1/2 #s fills the sheet pan and gives about a 1/4 " thickness of meat.  

Then, seasoning the meat - salt, pepper, onion powder, etc... and fold half the pan on top of the other to yield 1/2" patties, seasoned in the center.  

Cut into desired bun size and grill away.

This has yielded some sweet sliders off a cast iron pan, but i imagine they'll be great off the egg too!