Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First Mahi-Mahi on BGE (Pic)

mb99zzmb99zz Posts: 177
This is one of my favorite recipes I cook in the Summer and it was the first time I cooked it on the BGE.   Mahi is marinated in a soy/sake/ginger/garlic/brown sugar mixture.  The homemade salsa has mango, onion, fresh lime juice, fresh mint, and jalapeno.  The combo of the fish with the salsa is awesome!   

I only have one pic of the final product as I was busy cooking other things (corn on the cobb and brats) for a big get together.   The fist was cooked raised direct around 450 degrees dome temp.  Awesome Summer dish served with rice and a simple salad with sliced avocado.  

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 12,810
    Looks good from here
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini....

• TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 1,935
    Thanks for posting @mb99zz... we love mahi-mahi and I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it. I'm going to use your recipe one night this week.

Your mango salsa looks exactly like what I do only I use a scotch bonnet instead of the jalapeno and cilantro in place of the mint. I'll have to try the mint in mine as well.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh, you're just getting started, Bobby. You'll be grilling your whole life."

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • mb99zzmb99zz Posts: 177
    Thanks for posting @mb99zz... we love mahi-mahi and I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it. I'm going to use your recipe one night this week.

Your mango salsa looks exactly like what I do only I use a scotch bonnet instead of the jalapeno and cilantro in place of the mint. I'll have to try the mint in mine as well.
    The mint really adds a great taste to the citrus and heat.  Here's the salsa recipe I use: 

1 large mango
    1/4 cup copped red onion
    1 tablespoon veggie oil
    1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
    1 tablespoon fine copped mint
    As much jalapeno or hot pepper you want
    pinch of salt

Good luck!