Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Mahi-Mahi on BGE (Pic)

Options
mb99zz
mb99zz Posts: 183
This is one of my favorite recipes I cook in the Summer and it was the first time I cooked it on the BGE.   Mahi is marinated in a soy/sake/ginger/garlic/brown sugar mixture.  The homemade salsa has mango, onion, fresh lime juice, fresh mint, and jalapeno.  The combo of the fish with the salsa is awesome!   

I only have one pic of the final product as I was busy cooking other things (corn on the cobb and brats) for a big get together.   The fist was cooked raised direct around 450 degrees dome temp.  Awesome Summer dish served with rice and a simple salad with sliced avocado.  

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Looks good from here
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Thanks for posting @mb99zz... we love mahi-mahi and I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it. I'm going to use your recipe one night this week.

Your mango salsa looks exactly like what I do only I use a scotch bonnet instead of the jalapeno and cilantro in place of the mint. I'll have to try the mint in mine as well.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Bravo... nicely done.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • mb99zz
    mb99zz Posts: 183
    Options
    Thanks for posting @mb99zz... we love mahi-mahi and I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it. I'm going to use your recipe one night this week.

Your mango salsa looks exactly like what I do only I use a scotch bonnet instead of the jalapeno and cilantro in place of the mint. I'll have to try the mint in mine as well.
    The mint really adds a great taste to the citrus and heat.  Here's the salsa recipe I use: 

1 large mango
    1/4 cup copped red onion
    1 tablespoon veggie oil
    1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
    1 tablespoon fine copped mint
    As much jalapeno or hot pepper you want
    pinch of salt

Good luck!