Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cool 102 here today

2»

Comments

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    This is where we are heading today, looks like I will be sitting in the lake with a frosty beverage in my hand.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    henapple said:
    Kansas Monday... Record lows. 61 at night. Can't wait. High in murfreesboro tomorrow... 80
    you are breaking my heart. Will give you an update on the weather next February.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,704
    egger ave said:

tazcrash said:

Only 79 right now, oh wait 5 am......Stupid nightops call.
    For the first time in my life I went to Florida to cool off. Was only 90 in orlando when it was 99 here in Houston. 

Buckleing-in for my first official Full Houston summer.  (can't find the sweaty emoticon)
    :-SS

Houston -- LA with the climate of Calcutta. I lived in Houston before moving to Round Rock. Salt Lake City was also hot and stinky.
    Funny you should say that... I'm from Calcutta. Which is why the weather in Houston suits me just fine :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    11a and already 98 (en route to 106). Have Small fired up for impromptu lunch.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • caliking
    Its official- so hot that I don't have to light any charcoal to cook on the eggs. Cooking inside today. Ahhhhh... Air conditioning. :)

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    caliking said:

Its official- so hot that I don't have to light any charcoal to cook on the eggs. Cooking inside today. Ahhhhh... Air conditioning. :)

Puss... Turn in your egg card.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255

107° in Houston at the moment.

115° in the Coop

Spring "Hot To Trot" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • We are not in San Francisco anymore. Ouch.
  • At those temps you can just put charcoal in the egg and it will fire up on its own...
    When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!
  • At those temps you can just put charcoal in the egg and it will fire up on its own...

I was in The pool all day. No egg for me at 109. No thanks.
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    caliking said:
    tazcrash said:
    Only 79 right now, oh wait 5 am......Stupid nightops call.
    For the first time in my life I went to Florida to cool off. Was only 90 in orlando when it was 99 here in Houston. 

Buckleing-in for my first official Full Houston summer.  (can't find the sweaty emoticon)
    :-SS
    Houston -- LA with the climate of Calcutta. I lived in Houston before moving to Round Rock. Salt Lake City was also hot and stinky.
    Funny you should say that... I'm from Calcutta. Which is why the weather in Houston suits me just fine :)
    Wait a minute... you do did not move to Round Rock..right?

Springram
    Spring, Rexas
    LBGE and Mini
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Burgers on the Mini and back in the house ASAP.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806

All of a sudden, we're expecting possible record temperatures here in north Texas this week.  But not record highs.  A "summer cool front" (is there such a thing?) is coming through with highs in the 80s and lows in the 60s this week.  Don't think I've ever felt 60s the week of July 4th in Texas.  And I've spent a lot of years in Texas.   

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• caliking
    @Springram: Nope... still in the swamp! I did however egg twice today - just to spite @henapple. Pics later to prove it. 

• Arbucklej
    Arbucklej Posts: 90
    guys I THINK U R MISSING THE BEAUTY OF THE EGG..LIGHT IT GET IT STABILIZED THEN DON'T TOUCH TILL U HIT TEMP
  •   Selma CA,  it's  111 low humidity only 13%.
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
      Selma CA,  it's  111 low humidity only 13%.
    bread is stale 5 mins after you open it, you could almost light the lump from the static discharge from your dogs fur, hell on static sensitive components at 11% humidity
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein