Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

weber pizza stone?

I was at lowes yesertday and saw that weber pizza stone.  I was wondering if anyone on the forum has use this stone?
·

Comments

• SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 679
    Yup. Works just fine.
    ·
  • freedog74freedog74 Posts: 62
    @Spaightlabs that for the response.  I just cant see paying $60 for the BGE when I an get the weber for like $15.  If it will do the samething then I will get that one instead of BGE one.
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 679
    My egg dealer sells a bunch of weber accessories too and had em. I bought 2 for when we double dip on pizza day.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,975
    How thick is the Weber stone?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • ArbucklejArbucklej Posts: 90
    would like to know as my wife bought a stone at tj maxi for 5 bones....it lasted  pizza cooks then cracked

would definitely spend the extra on one that won't crack under high temps

·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 995
    I have 2 cents...
    I have the weber 15" 
    grill stone (HD) and I like it.  It's about 1/4 or 3/8 inch thick, not much. I bought it before my CGS buy, and it fits in the large spider so I still use it.  Before the spider, I had the standard DIY 2 grate setup with this stone on the bottom grate.  Works fine, but is a PITA compared to the AR/Spider combo.

I used a pizza stone as an indirect piece before this, and it didn't work out - I don't think they are designed to take the direct high heat.  It cracked on first use.  This grill stone is designed for it, and holds up.

Good luck!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·