Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Twice Baked Potato with a side of Filet Mignon (lots of pics)

paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,604
edited July 2013 in Beef
Twice baked potatoes were made using bacon (sprinkled with bone suckin rub while it was cooking), sour cream, french shallot and mozza/cheddar cheese.  Baked huge russets potatoes on the egg, removed the top and emptied the flesh using a spoon.  Mixed the flesh with sour cream, shallots, bacon and the cheese.  Filled the potatoes with the mixture and added some more cheese on the top then back on the egg.

The beef tenderloin was rubbed with the steak rub I received from @double in the rub exchange.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 919
    Steak might be a little on the blue side for us, but those twice baked look perfect. Great cook congrats. Thanks for posting, bookmarked!

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 637
    Looks amazing. Love the little flourish on top of the spuds - fancy shmancy.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,632
    Nice - great looking cook, and no Romaine!

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • SookieSookie Posts: 128
    This looks FANTASTIC.  Invite me over any time.  The steaks are just my style, crusted on the outside and red on the inside.  Nice job. 
    ·
  • Yum. All looks perfect from here.
    ·
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    Me likey.......... How did you do the steaks? Looks like you seared them first and then indirect? Dueling eggs? Or sear, remove, reduce temp etc...?
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,488
    Nailed it great pics.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,604
    @Skiddymarker The egg was too hot for romaine and there was not enough space in the plates. The potatoes were huge!

@JerkChicken The steaks were seared direct @850F for 60 seconds on side #1, 60 seconds on side #2 then repeated one more time on side #1 and #2.  Went indirect with the platesetter for 8 more minutes flipping every 2 minutes. Rested for 10 minutes under a loose piece of foil.

Man that looks amazing!!!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,740
    Great looking plate! Are those beets in the corner? Love those too.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,672
    Great looking cook!
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 938
    edited July 2013
    Looks like you nailed it!  =D> Excellent job! 

Did you cook and hold the steak or potatoes or do you have two Eggs in your grill arsenal? Always interested in how people do multi-item cooks.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • Another great meal 
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    Outstanding! I'd be all over those potaters!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    Perfect looking job on everything!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    @caliking yes, beets with olive oil and fleur de sel

@jfm0830 I only have one egg.  I started by baking the potatoes indirect.  Removed them and covered loosely with foil in a pan.  Removed the platesetter (I have a woo2) and increased temp to sear the steaks then installed the platesetter again and finished indirect.  While the steaks were resting, I placed the potatoes back on the egg.