Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Porterhouse, Scallops, potatoes and pics.

DeviledeggerDeviledegger Posts: 235
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
I've had my LBGE for over a year and have cooked so few steaks. So this weekend I made it happen. I went caveman for a sear (aprox. 40 sec. A side) then 350* for 3-5 min. Per side. It was great. If anything I would have cooked it a hair longer. I need a thermapen and CI grid. imageimageimageimageimage
image.jpg 1.7M
image.jpg 1.4M
image.jpg 1.5M
image.jpg 1013.9K
·

Comments

• tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 149
    Man, nice work! I'd eat all of that in a heartbeat.
    ·
  • erniemcclainerniemcclain Posts: 365
    Tell me about the scallops.  I will have visitors in August and he loves them.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·
  • DeviledeggerDeviledegger Posts: 235
    @tyenic1 Oh believe me I tried to eat it all and almost succeeded! It was a good meal!
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,198
    Never thought of slicing potatoes so many times, then wrapping in bacon.
    Stolen!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,656
    Looks good, like the potatoes.  When I do caveman style, I cook 60 seconds per side and only season with salt OR add seasoning after searing to avoid burning the pepper.