Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

weber pizza stone?

I was at lowes yesertday and saw that weber pizza stone.  I was wondering if anyone on the forum has use this stone?

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Yup. Works just fine.
  • freedog74
    freedog74 Posts: 63
    @Spaightlabs that for the response.  I just cant see paying $60 for the BGE when I an get the weber for like $15.  If it will do the samething then I will get that one instead of BGE one.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    My egg dealer sells a bunch of weber accessories too and had em. I bought 2 for when we double dip on pizza day.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    How thick is the Weber stone?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Arbucklej
    Arbucklej Posts: 90
    would like to know as my wife bought a stone at tj maxi for 5 bones....it lasted  pizza cooks then cracked

would definitely spend the extra on one that won't crack under high temps

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    I have 2 cents...
    I have the weber 15" 
    grill stone (HD) and I like it.  It's about 1/4 or 3/8 inch thick, not much. I bought it before my CGS buy, and it fits in the large spider so I still use it.  Before the spider, I had the standard DIY 2 grate setup with this stone on the bottom grate.  Works fine, but is a PITA compared to the AR/Spider combo.

I used a pizza stone as an indirect piece before this, and it didn't work out - I don't think they are designed to take the direct high heat.  It cracked on first use.  This grill stone is designed for it, and holds up.

Good luck!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.