Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thermapen - Worth It?

13»

Comments

• TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,317
    but I cringe at the thought of sticking a big hole in my steak and letting any of my precious juices out....

The fact that it doesn't make a big hole is one of the benefits of this device over other similar products, IMO.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • Yes. I even use mine to see if my cakes are done.
    ·
  • ArbucklejArbucklej Posts: 90
    without a doubt the most useful grilling tool I have bought to date... my wife even uses it in the kitchen!
    ·
  • jeroldharterjeroldharter Posts: 464
    Yes.
    ·
  • grEGGorysgrEGGorys Posts: 162
    Love mine. It is great to cook to temperature instead of time or looks. It is great to not have dried out food.
    Gulf Coast FL
    ·
  • ZaltydogZaltydog Posts: 66
    Best bbq tool I have.  Also sees lots of use in the kitchen by my wife.
    ·
  • NJ_BBQNJ_BBQ Posts: 87
    allsid said:
    @flynbob People here love the TP.  I have one, and it is amazing!  With that being said, it is another high end piece if equipment that add's to the quiver and makes my stuff cooler than the next guys or at least the un-initiated (just like my 2 BGE's).  

I marvel at the speed & accuracy of the TP, but must say that if I was stranded on a island with my eggs, plenty of lump, & fantastic meats, I may bring this as a temp accessory instead:

IMHO I do a lot of roasting (Reverse sear, Spatchock, Pork Loin, etc) and am more interested in bringing my meat to a specific temp and watching the temp with the dome closed than constantly poking with the hand-held.

Any difference between the TW8060 and the Maverick?

·
  • flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 617
    Just got back in town and had a few packages waiting for me!  I am interested in the TW8060 @allsid but that will probably be down the road.  Going to do some legs and wings, etc for the 4th. Can't wait to try the T-Pen on some steaks this weekend.  Don't forget the 4th Throwdown Competition.   Happy 4th...
    008.jpg 3.7M
    Milton, GA.
    ·