Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Baby back ribs time/temp

I cooked some ribs the other night and they were falling off the bone too much (if that's a real thing, they were great, but messy). I could barely pick them up off the grill. I know competition ribs are supposed to have a bit of a bounce to them and barely crack the bark. Anyone got a good time/temp suggestion? I cooked them around 300-350 for about 4 1/2 hours...

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 4,851

Sounds like  a renegade batch of ribs-I have never been able to get "fall off the bones" ribs w/o using foil.  But I run around 250-280*F on the dome for that result-when SWMBO weighs in with the "fall of the bone" request I do foil some for about an hour.  If you want a slow cook go with around 250-270*f but for the-faster go with your above temp. and foil.  FWIW-YMMV-

Louisville
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,357
    i just did BB yesterday 4 hours no foil at 265 grid and they were to done for my liking . one thing i noticed these didn't seem as meaty as the previous ones i've done that could be the reason . when i took them off the egg they wanted to fold in half more break in half to be honest .
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 1,382
    I'm a 265 guy as well.
    -————————————————————————•———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 3,590
    I usually go 250 dome for 4 hours then sauce them and cook another hour. Usually pass bend test and require a little bite to get off bone.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013