Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby back ribs time/temp

Options
I cooked some ribs the other night and they were falling off the bone too much (if that's a real thing, they were great, but messy). I could barely pick them up off the grill. I know competition ribs are supposed to have a bit of a bounce to them and barely crack the bark. Anyone got a good time/temp suggestion? I cooked them around 300-350 for about 4 1/2 hours...

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,382
    Options

Sounds like  a renegade batch of ribs-I have never been able to get "fall off the bones" ribs w/o using foil.  But I run around 250-280*F on the dome for that result-when SWMBO weighs in with the "fall of the bone" request I do foil some for about an hour.  If you want a slow cook go with around 250-270*f but for the-faster go with your above temp. and foil.  FWIW-YMMV-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    i just did BB yesterday 4 hours no foil at 265 grid and they were to done for my liking . one thing i noticed these didn't seem as meaty as the previous ones i've done that could be the reason . when i took them off the egg they wanted to fold in half more break in half to be honest .
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I'm a 265 guy as well.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I usually go 250 dome for 4 hours then sauce them and cook another hour. Usually pass bend test and require a little bite to get off bone.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013