Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lobster

Plan to fix lobster tails tonight. I remember seeing some posts on how to fix them on the egg but don't remember. Suggestions?
·

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,853
    I did these for the first time and the first recipe I came across was this one:

I didn't use all of the ingredients- I simply melted butter and mixed it with some Jubilee seafood seasoning I got in the exchange.  Butterflied them and grilled them for just a few minutes per side (they were small tails), then brushed on some more of the seasoned butter.  They were darn tasty. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,460
    MDSH cook some for Mother's day. He slit the top of the shell from the top to the bottom and poured in seasoned melted butter. Cooked until they were pink and lost the translucent color. Did not turn them. It didn't take very long - it will depend on the size. Good eats. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,812
    GrannyX4 said:
    MDSH cook some for Mother's day. He slit the top of the shell from the top to the bottom and poured in seasoned melted butter. Cooked until they were pink and lost the translucent color. Did not turn them. It didn't take very long - it will depend on the size. Good eats. ;;)
    I've done the same, although it was just tails.  They came out fantastic.  Be very careful not to overcook, the tail meat will get chewy.

·
  • TFolsTFols Posts: 201
    Did some whole lobsters a few weeks ago. I just split them down the middle and throw them on at 500 for about :08. They come out great. Sometimes I put a little fresh black pepper on them before throwing on the egg.
    image.jpg 2.1M
    image.jpg 2.3M
    Bloomfield, NJ
    ·
  • burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Thanks guys. They were awesome. This weekend we celebrated our 55th anniversary. She loves lobster tails so she got lobster tails. I removed the skin on the underside of the shells and made a cut about half way thru the meat lengthwise. Grilled for a few minutes cut side down and turned and filled the cut with melted lemon butter and finished shell side down. Perfect!
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,609
    @burr_baby33... congratulations of the 55yrs!  <:-P
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    She was 18 and I was 19. A statistical improbability today.
    ·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    Amazing!  Congrats!
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Congratulations!
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • BBQJDUBBBQJDUB Posts: 43
    Those look really nice!  Yet another item I have to try.....too many options, I love it!!!

bbqjdub
    BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Congrats on 55 years. Amazing. And the lobster sounds great.
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,315
    Wow  -  amazing cook and AMAZING inspiration with your marriage..

Congrats!!!
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,102
    Congrats for 55 years and Many Many more to come. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • calracefancalracefan Posts: 498
    55 Yrs Congratulations ! And congratulations on your dinner !

Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 456
    MDSH?
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,460
    MDSH. My dear sweet husband !
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·