Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Whats wrong with you people

1192021222325»

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,590

Aviator said:

Anyone know any Q joints I ought not to miss in Destin?

Are you there now?  I am heading there tomorrow for the USSSA baseball world series tournament.  I will have to check out Dewey Destn's. 

When we go to PC we usually make a stop a Phils BBQ in Eufala; but that's a little out of your way to take that route from Destin.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
  • I hear you. I've lived all over and actually loved my time in the Midwest. Just bustin on peeps. Believe me, it gets oppressive here in the summer and makes me wonder what the hell I'm doing here. I do prefer the heat over the cold but would love to live somewhere that neither were the overriding factor in quality of life! Like we say when we are recruiting people from cold climates to work for us: "sure it's hot, but you don't have to shovel sunshine" :).
    After years of back breaking, shoveling that white stuff, I purchased a fancy snow throwin machine and now I thoroughly enjoy blowin the piss outta it

I enjoy the seasons in the upper midwest but it almost feels like I get the worst of both worlds, 100+ inches of snow and upper 90s heat, albeit minus the humidity most of the time

photo (5).JPG 480.7K
    ·
  • Hokie_SmokerHokie_Smoker Posts: 444
    edited June 2013

Irresistible?  Have you guys checked out the Iowa woman being fired for being "irresistible"? On a scale from 1-10 with 1 being resistible and 10 being irresistible do you find this woman?  

My answer - 5.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,215

I just realized this thread is Planet Bullshit in the galaxy of This sucks Camel Dicks.

Huzzah!

Lets make that description more sexy time and change the Dicks to Toes.
    Agreed. Kind of like that SNL raging bull bit with dinero and peshi when they changed the F word to "shampoo". It was even funnier.

·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    DO buggers float? Conducting scientific tests, drinking beer, sitting in the pool, listening to David Allen Coe while the beef ribs cook. No, they do not
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • llrickmanllrickman Posts: 498
    Here in Albuqueruqe its 95 degrees and 12% humidity :)  was 106 or so on thrusday though

One LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
    ·
    hotter here today - but humidity must be lower didnt feel as hot
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • boatbum said:
    DO buggers float? Conducting scientific tests, drinking beer, sitting in the pool, listening to David Allen Coe while the beef ribs cook. No, they do not

I had a very similar life experience today :). Life is good.

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,176
    Sitting on the deck listening to the Phillies and LA game. It's still in the high 70's with high humidity.

At least my belly's full; the bourbon is cold, and my cigar is burning smooth.
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,711
    edited June 2013
    I bought a 13lb packer and two full spare ribs today. I'm excited for the packer, I'm going to try the salt and pepper method. Besides that I organized my blu rays.. Took like two hours
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,030
    I don't know what the official temp reading was for San Antonio today, but I know the bank thermometers were registering 109 - 111. That seemed pretty accurate.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,103
    edited June 2013

I bought a 13lb packer and two full spare ribs today. I'm excited for the packer, I'm going to try the salt and pepper method. Besides that I organized my blu rays.. Took like two hours

I know we've (i've) been tough on you but I'm done. I know you are most likely a good dude and had a bad moment. If i were judged by one unfortunate comment, I would most likely be in jail :)). So lets move forward-

Did you finally get your egg from CO to FL?

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,176

Salt, pepper, and either onion or garlic powder. Use Oak for smoke.

Enjoy!!
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,711
    Yeah I've read about SPOG on other que forums. I'm not a huge fan if salt though. Do you have some ratios for salt vs. Pepper? Honestly I may just use a Montreal type seasoning and add extra pepper.

Cen-tex : no hard feelings, I deserved it. Egg dud make it, had to buy another bottom but my dealer gave me a pretty good deal. All is well
    ·
  • Yeah I've read about SPOG on other que forums. I'm not a huge fan if salt though. Do you have some ratios for salt vs. Pepper? Honestly I may just use a Montreal type seasoning and add extra pepper.

Cen-tex : no hard feelings, I deserved it. Egg dud make it, had to buy another bottom but my dealer gave me a pretty good deal. All is well

Glad you stuck around. One bad moment does not a man make. God knows I've more than my share.

·
    OMFG Been chewing on this beef thing that has been resting. This is a whole new thread. I mean Shocked, shocked, I mean friggin shocked.
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Sitting at work eating Taco Bell. Damn I wish I was at home with a beer egging something.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
    shtgunal3 said:

Sitting at work eating Taco Bell. Damn I wish I was at home with a beer egging something.

I feel you bro. I had kabobs and veggies lined up for the egg but I was finishing up daughter's new room(crown molding, window casing, chair rail and paint) and ran out of time. Frozen pizza for me. At least I was able to enjoy a Chimay.
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,903
    Foghorn said:

I don't know what the official temp reading was for San Antonio today, but I know the bank thermometers were registering 109 - 111. That seemed pretty accurate.

Foghorn, you're in SA too? Don't know how I missed that
    Just a hack that makes some **** BBQ...
    ·
    Which Chimay did you have? I've only had the blonde and didn't really care for it. @eggcelsior

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
    @shtgunal3, Chimay Grand Reserve 2012(blue cap 150 anniversary edition)

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,472

Last night we made:  (pictures forthcoming) National drink of Brazil.  Awesome.

Caipirinha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caipirinha

·
    Did you muddle the lime and sugar with a muddler?

·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 346
    SkinnyV said:
    If only I had a better camera (camera phone). This bald eagle was hanging right above us on lake Washington today. Perched on that spot the 4 hrs we were there maybe even all day scoping the scene. A thing of true beauty.
    Not sure how you took it down, but the lean meat requires a higher temp - I'd suggest larding it, then raised direct at about 375 - 400, until the breast is 155-160.

Too soon?
    Mamaroneck
    ·
    @nolaegghead, if you drank caipirinhas and you could still take pictures then you did it wrong.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·

"Foghorn, you're in SA too? Don't know how I missed that"

It can be hard to notice the other lifeforms when you live on the surface of the sun.

San Antonio, TX

·