Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cornish Hen and sweet corn

Options
Sorry, no on the egg pics, been a long day.
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    From one corn head to another...looks great man! I actually tried sweet corn in the egg tonight as well. Ours turned out pretty freakin' sweet. How'd you fare?

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    @SaltySam Pretty damn good. My wife normally boils the corn, but we were at a friends place and his wife is expecting so tried to put everything on the Egg. Soaked the corn for over two hours and then just cooked them in the husks for about a hour. Turned out pretty good.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Been doing corn but wrapping in foil since I have not given time to soak the husks. I have unwrapped from foil and let char a few times for grill marks.

Seattle, WA
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Looks good Scott.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    I put them on direct, no husks, no pre soak. Temp around 375-ish. Every few minutes I rotated them to get a decent char. After about twenty minutes, I pulled them off, and put butter, lime juice and a little chili powder on. We tried them with cojita cheese as well. That's definitely a keeper!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE