Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OMG the wife is going to run the BGE!!

Options
Had my right knee replaced Wednesday and am still in a lot of pain (rehab hasn't even started yet just home exercises)  She picked up a couple of pretty good looking steaks and wants to try to use the XL.  I will coach her through as best I can from my chair, but too many steps to take on the walker.  Wish us luck. 
A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• Dave_Matthews
    Options
    Good luck!
    no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    My wife runs my egg all the time! It'll be great

XLBGE 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Luck is not needed, with your expert advice from "Mission Control Lazyboy" all will be fine, enjoy it and trust you will have a short road to recovery...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • finster
    finster Posts: 136
    Options
    Lucky!
    MBGE in Charleston

• sharhamm
    sharhamm Posts: 258
    Options
    I'm a wife and the griller! Had knee surgery last july 2. Sure screwed up my summer last year with the step down to the grill. You'll be ready to,go by summers end or sooner. It's amazing how much better you are going to feel. No MORE pain!
  • mb99zz
    mb99zz Posts: 183
    Options
    For some reason, the first thing that came to mind when reading this post was the scene in Airplane when the old guy talks Striker down for the landing!  You can do it, Striker!
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    My wife runs my egg all the time! It'll be great
    I guess all the cooks you post are hers?? You never even lit your egg, have you? ;-)
    Dunedin, FL
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Luck is not needed, with your expert advice from "Mission Control Lazyboy" all will be fine, enjoy it and trust you will have a short road to recovery...

sharhamm said:
    I'm a wife and the griller! Had knee surgery last july 2. Sure screwed up my summer last year with the step down to the grill. You'll be ready to,go by summers end or sooner. It's amazing how much better you are going to feel. No MORE pain!

Thanks for the good wishes on my recovery.  The bad part is that as soon as I am finished with the therapy for this one I will have the left knee replaced on Aug 21 and start the whole thing over.  Everyone I have talked to about this procedure has been thrilled with the outcome.

Mrs. Nephew did a fine job on the rib eyes.  Needed just a little more "Raising the Steaks" but perfect medium rare finish.  Maybe lead her through a low and slow sometime soon.

A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    Options
    My wife does almost half the egging she loves it she loves using it!
    HFX NS
  • JenGang
    JenGang Posts: 91
    Options
    The egg at our house is mine.  When it was delivered, the neighbors were all jealous and making comments that my husband got a nice Father's Day gift.  I laughed at them and asked them when they have EVER seen him out there grilling.  That got them to shut up.   :))

Jen

Lakeville, MN

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I also am the female egger at our house. Hubby has just started to participate since my appendectomy. (couldn't lift the lid for awhile - lift nothing more than 15 pounds rule) He is taking to it nicely. I am really enjoying it. We're a team.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC