Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your occupation?

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    henapple said:

I'm a male prostitute who specializes in obese chicks... Also into spelunking.

Aren't those the same thing?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Brianj5685
    Brianj5685 Posts: 57
    Document Solutions Sales Rep @ RJ Young

"Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Machinist by trade, however I am now over the top fueling facility   on a class one railroad.  We fuel and maintain around 70 locomotives in a 24 hour period.  It beats being a grease bellly. Anyone want a RR hat or shirt????

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Brianj5685
    Brianj5685 Posts: 57
    brownbw said:
    Student advisor, and other various roles at Auburn University. And PhD student.
    Bless your heart
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Dentist
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    bucky925 said:

Machinist by trade, however I am now over the top fueling facility   on a class one railroad.  We fuel and maintain around 70 locomotives in a 24 hour period.  It beats being a grease bellly. Anyone want a RR hat or shirt????

Take a hat

@Jls9595.. Go big Orange
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    bucky925 said:

my son.. 925 area code by chance?
  • Auto manufacturing
  • Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453
    edited June 2013
    Mkline said:
    I fess up, just look at the avatar closely and I bet everyone figures it out. Now the question is who is my employer?

The "Mile High Club" congrats :) ...Heidi Fleiss?
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600

Proud Egger Chuck King here I'm a comedy magician and hypnotist. I travel 125 to 150 days a year performing my show.

www.chuckkingcomedy.com

Hey! 90% sure you did a show for us at my old job like 7-8 years ago (Wolverine World Wide in grand rapids, MI). Hope it was you cuz it was great.
    That was me my friend, small world. Are you still based in Michigan?
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    henapple said:
    Take a hat @Jls9595.. Go big Orange
    Yes, Go Big Orange!
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533

Proud Egger Chuck King here I'm a comedy magician and hypnotist. I travel 125 to 150 days a year performing my show.

www.chuckkingcomedy.com

Hey! 90% sure you did a show for us at my old job like 7-8 years ago (Wolverine World Wide in grand rapids, MI). Hope it was you cuz it was great.

my old man is from Allen park, don't hold it against me
  • gooddogjudge
    gooddogjudge Posts: 106
    consulting forester
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    A couple of years Field Artillery, U.S. Army in Europe, a few years retail management, a ton of years as a programmer/analyst for several companies... then I graduated to retired.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • Rick G
    Rick G Posts: 185
    Test driver for Chrysler
  • Streetglider
    Streetglider Posts: 104
    Nobody is just a... we are all special because we do what we do. I can sell but can't keep your lights on, I can't drive a locomotive or a big rig but if a truck brought it, a salesman sold it. This was a great idea Travis, thanks much. Keep on egging.

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932

Auto manufacturing

My father in law retired from the Chrysler foundry in Indianapolis about five years back..are you in Indiana? Go Hoosiers! I went to high school and iu in Bloomington...
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Proud Egger Chuck King here I'm a comedy magician and hypnotist. I travel 125 to 150 days a year performing my show.

www.chuckkingcomedy.com

I never was but I was up for a sales meeting. What a show! Loved it. You hypnotized some people I know and they still swear they weren't. But they were doing all the funny stuff you told them to do. I was still skeptical to this day that they were "in on it" but now ay they could have all kept a secret this long. Awesome show and tons of fun.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Big Ragu said:
    Sorry I sent this thread into a spin I was the happiest guy around when this was first being discussed. GREATNEWS. Everyone walking in my hospital will have coverage!!! When you peel back the onion it is just beurocracy that will end up raising the cost of care even higher in the US. BTW Americans have to wake up when it comes toned of life health spending. It is the reason our costs are so high but our life span and other outcomes are not any better than other countries. We spend too much in the last 4 weeks of life. That has to stop

Very well stated. You have insight that most don't. That's why I said I didn't think you deserved to be skewered. Im torn about the whole thing but I don't like what it is now. Thanks for chiming in.
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Looks like some disingenuous complaining going on here. Me thinks someone got their political feelings hurt. Nobody forces any of us to click on a thread in the first place so to complain that a thread is "off topic" 18 pages in seems a bit questionable.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • Cen-Tex - That's your point?? May I summarize your points? Intelligent conversation ended with "death panels", your step dad is a right-wing nut (like me I guess), he uses the healthcare system through medicare a lot and Rush Limbaugh is a right-wing nut job who should not be listened to?? You may want to get your information from a variety of sources instead of the liberal media you obviously stick with. However let me say I have great respect for your cooking chops and heed you egging advice. Politics? Until you can argue a position with points that don't start with ridicule, you will only convince the mentally lazy and weak. I am niether. No hard feelings?

No hard feelings here ever. I definitely baited you with the rush stuff and the "intelligent conversation" Was obviously a jab as well. We obviously disagree on this. Probably should move on.
  • I am 61 yrs old and soon I want to retire and get really good at serving in my church. I am a cnc machinist and programmer, also have years and years experiance as a manual machinist. in the last five years I have been trained in PC-DMIIS inspection tecniques. I am good at all of that stuff I do for a living and I hope I get as good at serving the lord and cooking BBQ as I am making a living. By the way I can't spell and I have no grammer skills. It is hard for me to describe the wonderfull feeling inside of me when someone tells me that I have been an inspiration to them concerning the lord AND when someone tells me that they just ate the best pork ribs that they have ever had. Now that's what I'm talkin about. I also love to dutch oven cook over an open campfire.
    San Angelo, texas
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Hibby said:
    Looks like some disingenuous complaining going on here. Me thinks someone got their political feelings hurt. Nobody forces any of us to click on a thread in the first place so to complain that a thread is "off topic" 18 pages in seems a bit questionable.
    I bumped the thread back to the top on June 27th because I had seen a whole lot of new folks on the forum and thought it would be a great idea to see what occupations they came from.  There hadn't been any activity on it since February 12th.  I pushed the "off topic" button on Fred because the original intent of the thread was to let people tell us more about themselves, not whether they were left or right wing wackos that don't know a egg forum from a political forum.  That's why there is a "off topic" section of the forum so you or anyone else can go out on a tangent and discuss whatever you want with discussion titles that will tell us whether we want to read them or not.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    bucky925 said:

I'm up for a hat and shirt.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• CAT Seller
    CAT Seller Posts: 208
    @bucky925 trade you CAT hat for a RR hat. :)
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    edited June 2013
    Mkline said:
    I fess up, just look at the avatar closely and I bet everyone figures it out. Now the question is who is my employer?
    @Mkline Looks like a Delta A330 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Vetteman
    Vetteman Posts: 19
    Laser tattoo removal.
  • Electrical Engineer/Consultant
    Dallas, GA
  • Zaltydog
    Zaltydog Posts: 106
    Occupational therapist based in the pre-K through grade 12 school setting.  Work with kids with disabilities.  I do not find people jobs, as many assume based on the career title.  But hopefully they develop skills and functionality that allows them to perform better in school and improve their employability once out of school.

Prior to my career change, I worked as a research scientist at a place called the Institute of Wood Research, located on Michigan's Keeweenaw peninsula in the Upper Peninsula.  Boy do I miss living up there!  Being a Yooper is in my blood.  Now I'm just a troll living in the lower peninsula below the bridge  (Mackinac Bridge).