Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

PORK NACHOS!!! you know you want to look!

Grandparents are treating our three year old to her first sleep over so I asked my wife what she wants to do tonight.  Her response: "How about some pulled pork nachos."  I definitely married up!  Turbo'ed a 5lb pork butt(thanks @mickey and @charlietuna) rubbed with some new local seasoning(nothing special). 

Here it is pre-pull...I still get great bark and it only took 3.5 - 4 hours. 

After pull(SO EASY)  I actually just threw it down kind of hard and it fell apart on its own.  j/k

I then placed my chips, pork and my favorite topping: queso, salsa, and guacamole.   

IT WAS FANTASTIC.!!!  I am going to polish off a few more beers and make a second plate!  
LBGE
Zionsville, IN

Comments