Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Try At Dino Bones

Figured I would give beef back ribs a try today using the Dino Bones recipe in the BBQ25 book. 1 hr 15mi at 325 indirect with cherry lump uncovered then wrap them and back on for another 1hr and 15min foiled. Finish them uncovered for about 15minutes for sauce. Anyone ever tried this?
image.jpg 738.7K
·

Comments

• CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,558
    Just did mine direct at that same temp for two hours and pulled at 206.They were super tender and flavorful.Be sure to remove the membrane.

Good luck!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I follow my normal rib recipe --  please post a few finished photos?  Thanks
    ·
  • gpsegggpsegg Posts: 340
    Good recipe....great eating!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blue Ridge, Ga.
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122
    beef1.jpg 93.9K
    beef.jpg 81.5K
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • TydfanTydfan Posts: 34
    Will do on the finished pics. I did pull the membrane and rubbed with John Henry's Old Stockyard Steak Seasoning. Hoping for the best.
    ·
    @billyray Those look fantastic. What type of sauce if any did you use?
    ·
  • Looking good
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122
    edited June 2013
    Tydfan said:
    @billyray Those look fantastic. What type of sauce if any did you use?

Mixed 2 Tbs. of Bone Suckin Sauce, 1 Tbs beer and a little of the juice in the foil from the cook. Separate the juice with a fat separator, otherwise it's a little greasy.

I also rub them down with 1 Tbs. of Better Than Bullion mixed with 1 Tbs of worcestershire, and seasoned with DP Raising the Steaks, before I put them on the grate.

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
    Half way home. Just drizzled with honey and basted with juices and foiled. More to come.
    image.jpg 912.5K
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,578
    Looking good!  I have done them this way a couple of times and they are excellent.  You are in for a treat!  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
    edited June 2013
    Finished.... Tender, juicy and tons of flavor. Will be doing these again. Not a bad snack for $6.
    ·
    Here are the pics before they were inhaled.
    image.jpg 681K
    image.jpg 543.8K
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,424
    Looks good, send some my way.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • BeaumontyBeaumonty Posts: 171
    Those look awesome. Was it hard to find back ribs? Also, how many did that rack feed?
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    been all over town this afternon looking for beef ribs.
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
    Just picked them up at Publix Supermarket. I have also seen them in Wal Mart. They had a pretty good amount of meat on them. Three people ate off them for lunch today.
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    found some plate ribs - got them on now. bout to check them- been on an hour or so.
    Cookin in Texas
    ·