Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

2013 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 7,452
    hapster said:

CPARKTX said:

@hapster really hooked me up! I can't wait to try some of these...drink in hand!

I think what you're doing while the egg is smoking along is just as, if not more, important than what the rub is doing to the meat.

Enjoy!!!
    Wow, this young padawan has a lot to learn.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,650
    cazzy said:

hapster said:

CPARKTX said:

@hapster really hooked me up! I can't wait to try some of these...drink in hand!

I think what you're doing while the egg is smoking along is just as, if not more, important than what the rub is doing to the meat.

Enjoy!!!
    Wow, this young padawan has a lot to learn.
    LOL... Had to look that up. You are doing just fine grasshopper.
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Used the first of my haul from @eggcelsior the dizzy pig pineapple head. Put a bunch in with a stick of butter then coated 2lbs of 15 count prawns with some added dizzy.
    Really picked up some flavor they were great. I however only got 1 picture...
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 502
    CPARKTX said:
    Holy mackerel!  Has to be one of the best gifts ever.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    Pam and i went out this morning to get a few things for my Mothers B-day party and when we got home a package was waiting for me from Texas . With a great assortment of rubs and sauces .Cant't wait to try these and with the jalapeño ketchup am thinking its burger time . Not sure who to thank as there was no note and only a return address on the package .But a  big EGGtastic THANK YOU to whoever my elf was awesome package .

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
    bigphil said:

Pam and i went out this morning to get a few things for my Mothers B-day party and when we got home a package was waiting for me from Texas . With a great assortment of rubs and sauces .Cant't wait to try these and with the jalapeño ketchup am thinking its burger time . Not sure who to thank as there was no note and only a return address on the package .But a  big EGGtastic THANK YOU to whoever my elf was awesome package .

Great care package @thecoiman

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    Thanks for the package @thecoiman awesome stuff 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,015
    Thanks for the great box @cazzy. You really went all out. imageimage
    image.jpg 964.6K
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,015
    Great get @bigphil. Rudy's is top notch gear
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • calracefancalracefan Posts: 492
    Finally trying out some of my elfster package, Daddy's BBQ Rub on an Angus Brisket.
    image.jpg 1.5M
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • ThecoimanThecoiman Posts: 26
    BigPhil I glad you the package everything was ok. Sorry I forgot to put a note in the box, I was so worried about get the package to you before the deadline. Enjoy!
    ·
    Who else has not received their package. I have already confirmed shipment for the ones reported to me.

Thanks guys!
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,985
    edited July 2013
    Hey there @cazzy ; <:-P

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
    @MrCookingNurse Hey, tell us about that Strawberry rub!!   :P
    ·
    edited July 2013
    cazzy said:
    @MrCookingNurse for someone who has a KY sponsorship, you sure are a freaking prude.    @-)
    ·
  • Bump

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·
  • cazzy said:

cazzy said:

@MrCookingNurse for someone who has a KY sponsorship, you sure are a freaking prude.    @-)

Yes! Enquiring minds want to know!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·

cazzy said:

cazzy said:

Yes! Enquiring minds want to know!

You either offended him, he used it so fast, there is nothing to picture, or he just plain hates strawberries.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,985
    I'm offended that he didn't read I was allergic to strawberries. [-(

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • It says on Elfster you're allergic to almonds & cabbage. Which of those is related to strawberries? When will people learn its not the original "screw-up" that gets the attention, its the cover-up!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
  • Bumping again, because packages shipped on or near the deadline would come today or tomorrow (yes, the one I sent is among them, slacker that I am).

·
  • Just in time @SaturdayFatterday ! Very generous box filled with amazing items from the DC Metro area and Maryland with documentation that gives great insight on why these items were picked. I'm so thankful and can't wait to try out these items I've never heard of in my future cooks.

• Tennessee Spicy BBQ sauce from Bubba's BBQ
    • Taste O' South Apple BBQ sauce
    • The Crazy Rednecks' BBQ sauce - competition team!
    • Grandma's Garden Spicy-Sweet Gourmet Relish
    • Butcher Shop Poultry Rub by the Organic Butcher
    • Kebab Spice Rub by the Organic Butcher
    • Juniper Berry Spice Rub by the Organic Butcher
    • Blue Crab Bay Co.'s Chesapeake Bay Seasoning
    • Todd's Bayou Dirt
    • Dizzy Pig Sticker!! Matches my rubs :)

Claremont, CA - XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I received my package today as well. I am at work right now so I will post pics tomorrow. @boston_stoker I am we'll pleased with what you sent. I can't wait to make some hot wings this week. Awesome dude, Thanks and congratulations on the marriage.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
    If only my draw would post a pic. :(
    ·
  • cazzy said:

If only my draw would post a pic. :(

You mean a pic with all your thoughtful gifts showing? Yeah, that would be sweet. I wonder what that would be like?

·
  • @damnedhooligan - glad it made it in time for the holiday and in one piece!  I hope you enjoy it all.

·
    Can't friggin wait to try this stuff out. Awesome package @bostonstoker. Alot of this stuff will definitely get used this week.
    image.jpg 1.7M

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
    Did I just tell a guy that he had an awesome package? Damn it.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,984
    shtgunal3 said:
    Did I just tell a guy that he had an awesome package? Damn it.
    I am certain we all have awesome packages. No way any of us would try and compensate with a green Kamado cooker.
    ·
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,601
    Thanks @Skiddymarker

There was a special delivery waiting for me when I got back from work!