Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Weighing in on country ribs

TonyATonyA Posts: 566
So, I marinated some country ribs in Chinese rib sauce (Butcherblock Sauces) grilled at 450 for 6 minutes a side, wrapped in foil raised direct for a total of 16 minutes while I grilled two rounds of sliced eggplant and squash.

When i tell you I was rushing, there aren't words. But they were tender and fun to eat! So, for 22 minute tender pork, where does everybody weigh in? Love em or leave em?
·

Comments

• they are generally pork shoulder so I love the cut. if you can do that in 22 minutes, i'm all in

·
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,087
    I have never done them that fast or that high of heat.  More power to you!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I like to braise them , then place the ribs on top of a big pot of saurekrute and chopped cabbage - cover and allow to simmer for two hours............... 
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    @ Charlie Tuna, I put them in my Sunday gravy. Always a favorite there. If you like them with cabbage look up choucroute garnie. I tend to cook it more as a one pot meal than some of the servings you will find. I also like to add fresh tarragon, parsley and capers. There is really not a wrong way to make choucroute.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Thanks for that information, i will look "choucroute" up!!  My cousin posted something about cooking all red cabbage with a pork roast, brown sugar and few other things in a slow cooker.  I am considering, converting the recipe to use on the egg??  Thanks for the info and "heads up"!
    ·