Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saturday's Cook... Just Got The Okay

hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
To do a prime rib for dinner tomorrow.

Might go to Shady Maple early or head up to the local farm/butcher and get a grassfed prime...

Going to do some simple veggies as sides. Thinking about doing the Smoked Gouda twice bake potatoes in the BGE cookbook.

Been a while... Haven't egged all week. The dealer has submitted my claim and my egg should be rebuilt, new gasket as well, in a few weeks.
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,454
    Sounds good. Can't wait for the photos. Always love your pics
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    Thanks @Chubbs

Looking forward to it as well :)
    Can't wait to use the new gear to get the picture. I'll still use the iPhone for the quick in cook posts, but will use the RX100 for the "real" picture.
    ·
  • TEggSunTEggSun Posts: 214
    @hapster, I suppose I'm behind in my lurking, but what happened to your egg that requires a rebuild?
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    TEggSun said:

@hapster, I suppose I'm behind in my lurking, but what happened to your egg that requires a rebuild?

Base has a crack in it. Having the dealer who is getting my the warranty base do the install as well. Figure the piece of mind is worth the $150 to make sure it's all good including an installed new gasket.
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,067
    My wife has been wanting me to do a prime rein, I'll be following you cook closely.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • TEggSunTEggSun Posts: 214
    hapster said:
    Base has a crack in it. Having the dealer who is getting my the warranty base do the install as well. Figure the piece of mind is worth the $150 to make sure it's all good including an installed new gasket.
    Yep.  Absolutely makes sense.
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

·
  • Can't wait to see the pics!!
    ·
  • TarHeelBBQTarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
    i've smoke a prime rib once. turned out really really well. good luck!!
    image.jpg 259.8K
    image.jpg 242.2K
    image.jpg 290.1K
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    Prime rib sounds deelish.

I was on vacation last week, so I missed a week of egging too. Hugged my eggs when I got home.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I love me some prime rib. Haven't done one though . Good luck Hap.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,925
    Hap doesn't need luck  @shtgunal3, all he needs is time, a nice double barrel whiskey, and a cigar.  Pictures are just the bonus when @hapster cooks.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • DredgerDredger Posts: 271
    Eagerly awaiting pics.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
    ·
  • LTAFlynEggLTAFlynEgg Posts: 84
    Mmmm Prime Rib, done two in the 4 months I have had my egg, was just thinking its going to be time to do another
    ·