Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thermal Break for BGE and table/

I am close to setting my Large BGE in its new table, but I have a question regarding the best type of thermal break to use between the bottom of the egg and the table.

Besides a square piece of patio concrete, what else can be used to keep the wood from burning?

thanks. joe
·

Comments

• jetmechjetmech Posts: 75
    Just get the new table nest, it's about $25 and your table will be fine

·
  • +1 on the nest.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,863
    edited June 2013
    Many have found the use of a paver to still transfer too much heat to the wood. You need an air gap IMHO. Posted this yesterday, this is a very inexpensive method to get a space between egg bottom and a table. Available in a number of sizes providing from 1/2' to 1" of air gap. 

Alternative is to use a table nest. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    Air gap 1-2 inches

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·