Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The egg is nested

Options
SmokingInMO
SmokingInMO Posts: 169
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have always considered myself in pretty good shape but I am a pretty small guy (5'6") and only weigh about 145. I got my table at least complete enough to add the egg and with nobody else around I decided I would just throw the egg on there myself (bad decision #1). I opened up the egg and looked and my lump, firebox, etc and decided I didn't want the black ash all over me so I left it all in after all they can't weigh that much (bad decision #2). One other thing I did not consider was the opening in the table is just wide enough for the egg (not my arms that soon would be wrapped around it. Keep in mind although I am in good shape I only weigh 145 so this egg has a few pounds on me. Well I bend over, wrap my arms around this thing and give a tug, got it about 6 inches off the ground, set it back down and for a brief moment came to my senses (unfortunately not for long). I go back inside and grab me a beer (bad decision #3) which ended up being 4 beers and decided to give it another try (bad decision #4). I go back outside and grab this green monster and gave it a heave (odd after a few beers it feels a little lighter)and walk it over to the table. During the long 4 steps over to the table I feel a small trickle of blood from my left arm caused by the screws in the back of the egg, no problem a little scratch never hurt anyone. I give one last heave smashing my left thumb into the side of the table opening and quickly feel the blood running down my hand from that. So I am standing there without enough room to get my arms and the egg on to the table and I am beginning to look like a bloody mess and my legs are about to give out on me. I take my left arm and moved it lower on the egg and made the decision to sacrifice my right arm for the good of this ceramic piece of gold I am holding. I give one last good lunge forward severely bruising my right arm but managed to get this thing on the table. My back arms and legs are killing me this morning. Hmmm I think I'll have a beer, or maybe 4, it worked yesterday. [p]Good egging.

Comments