Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chattanooga /Atlanta

13»

Comments

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    JRWhitee said:
    henapple said:
    Apparently I can get all I want. 3 pallets = 240 bags. 40 are mine. Bonus... Landed a job in July... 3 miles from Harp's. Hehe.
    If you do come through Atlanta I have a warehouse in Alpharetta you can drop off bags or skids and have Eggers come by and pick them up. 
    JR, Do you have a forklift at your warehouse?
    Milton, GA.
  • CharlieTN
    CharlieTN Posts: 177

Henaple,

I'm in for 40 and my coworker said he would literally take whatever you had leftover from the 3 pallets.

I'll pm for the rest of the details.

• wbholmes
    wbholmes Posts: 7
    I'm 30 min. South of Atlanta, depending on where we will be meeting in Ga. I'll take at a min. of ten bags. I need to know when the meet will be several days ahead of time though.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

OK, I think we who need the lump need to do some coord.

I can pick up around 80 or so on my pick up bed. I really dont know how much weight a Tundra can cary on its bed. Anyone? Mine is a Platinum crew max with the short bed.

Cleveland/ATL folks any ideas? Or can anyone who has some free time meet up with a Uhaul and do a run to Manchester and pick up from @henapple. I can see if I am free and help with this as well depending on when this is gonna happen.

Is there an idea man amongst us?

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    I'm close to Roswell/Alpharetta and can pick up some scraps, 10-20 bags???
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120

I'm in, Henapple.  I'm playing golf at Willowbrook next week and will stop by for 5 or 6 bags ( I know, a measly amount, but I'm only egging for another 5 weeks).  Will PM you for details.

btw, what's the shelf life for a bag of lump?

Signal Mountain, TN
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    TN_Egger said:

I'm in, Henapple.  I'm playing golf at Willowbrook next week and will stop by for 5 or 6 bags ( I know, a measly amount, but I'm only egging for another 5 weeks).  Will PM you for details.

Pretty sure lump will last virtually forever. It is non-perishable, just try to keep it dry :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Aviator
    TN_Egger said:

Pretty sure lump will last virtually forever. It is non-perishable, just try to keep it dry :)
    If you leave it buried long enough, you can dig out a diamond. Pure carbon.

Chattanooga, TN.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Okay. Called and the OO will be ready.

I have Aviator picking up 80. Who are you giving the left overs to?

TN egger wants a few... Will meet me

Charlie tn wants 40 plus left over

Who else? If you Atlanta guys are getting some... How are you getting it.

I MIGHT have some when I come through in Aug.... Might.

That's 130..+ 40 for me. Can haul a little more.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    I would love to get 20 to 30. @aviator pm sent
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374

I will take 25 and can pick up. let me know when and where.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• CharlieTN
    CharlieTN Posts: 177
    Just checking on a timeline.  I don't want to inconvenience you at all since you're doing us a huge favor.
  • henapple
    I'll be home tomorrow. Thursday or Friday... Mid day? Unfortunately I'm only getting 90 bags... So the quantity might be lower but I'll split it up. Probably more in July.
  • henapple
    I only scored 80 bags so it's slim pickings. I promised Aviator 20 but if he can carry more I'll send extra if he doesn't mind. You Chattanooga eggers can pm him. If anyone still wants to meet in Manchester I will. Might not be worth the drive.

Hopefully more in July. Ozark Oak is running short right now.

Sorry guys. I'll keep trying.
  • Toolmaster
    Toolmaster Posts: 41
    Keep up the good work and be safe out there. You still need to drop down to Ala. :-)
    I went to bed last night mean and woke up meaner !  
    "Matt Dillon"

• B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    Just saw this thread, I live knoxville and travel to Atl a lot would certainly be interested in 10-15 bags or so.  Anywhere near Chatanooga be great.  Any idea on time frame?
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • henapple
    I've got 80 bags... Just waiting.
  • Aviator

Guys around this area, do you need some Oo? I just got back from @henapple and have some extra bags, actually quite a few. If anyone is keen on acquiring some, let me know. PM me. I am going to keep it in my hangar for now. I think some folks in Cleveland were looking for some. I understand smokeypitt, you got some already?

Chattanooga, TN.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited July 2013

Aviator said:

Guys around this area, do you need some Oo? I just got back from @henapple and have some extra bags, actually quite a few. If anyone is keen on acquiring some, let me know. PM me. I am going to keep it in my hangar for now. I think some folks in Cleveland were looking for some. I understand smokeypitt, you got some already?

I would like a few bags, I just PM'd you.
    Jim

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Aviator said:

I didn't get any yet but I might have to wait for the next round.  It will probably be early Aug before I could make my way up to Chatty.  I'll PM you once I figure out when I can get there and see if there is any left.  Thanks!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    @aviator, are you in Chattanooga? If so, I can't make it up there.

Johns Creek, Georgia