Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your occupation?

Comments

• trup0241
    trup0241 Posts: 35
    Nuclear Power Plant System Design Engineer
    Pittsburgh, PA
  • Locomotive engineer.
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    Im self employed I own and operate a Liquor store on Long Island in Suffolk County
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Electrician

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• BizGreenEgg
    BizGreenEgg Posts: 301
    Food Scientist. 
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • pirates21
    pirates21 Posts: 74
    Dentist

Ninety feet between bases is perhaps as close as man has ever come to perfection." -- Red Smith
  • ambergirl
    ambergirl Posts: 8

I am a Kitchen Designer in Minnesota.

Woodbury, MN. Large BGE
  • TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    Clean Fuels Broker
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    I build airplanes in my basement. Ya, I know, haven't gone that far to figure out how to get it out.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• egzilla
    egzilla Posts: 51
    I produce concerts.
  • Commercial Banker. Thank you for your service to our country!! My brother died in Iraq. God Bless our Mitary!!!
  • bonemuse
    bonemuse Posts: 53
    Elementary school teacher -- 13 years and running.  Currently teaching fourth grade. My job rocks.
    --------------------------------------
    30 miles west of Chicago, buried deep in the suburbs.

LBGE (May 2011), SBGE (June 2014) and a growing pile of accessories.

• Big Ragu
    Big Ragu Posts: 148
    Hospital administrator. Btw obamacare will choke out 20% of US hospitals so make sure you live near a large metro area if u think ur cld to be sick.
  • Palm Beach County Fire Rescue, currently attached to Trauma Hawk as a Flight RN/Paramedic/Lt.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Medical Sales
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Beagle1
    Beagle1 Posts: 37
    CPA
    Atlanta, GA and Watts Bar Lake, TN
    2 LBGEs
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    pirates21 said:
    Dentist

My dad is a retired DDS
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Big Ragu said:
    Hospital administrator. Btw obamacare will choke out 20% of US hospitals so make sure you live near a large metro area if u think ur cld to be sick.
    You're a racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Driver manager for a major trucking company.  I care about you and your family, as well as my drivers and their families.  Always open to discussion. 
  • Big Ragu said:

Hospital administrator.

Btw obamacare will choke out 20% of US hospitals so make sure you live near a large metro area if u think ur cld to be sick.

I don't think this is troll worthy. I think the jury is definitely out on Obamacare. I'm all for healthcare for all but this does dump a lot of the onus on small business. Congress was too weak to pass a single payer system (which I do support) so they dumped it on hospitals and small business to make up the shortfalls. I do not like as written. I think he's exaggerating but it will negatively affect some hospitals for sure. Not even arguable. Now this belongs on the other thread. Back home now. Need a cocktail.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • :). Driving but i hear you barking. I'll check in with you on this tomorrow. All good points. Injust disagree with some.
  • jccbone62
    jccbone62 Posts: 248
    Avionics Engineer
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
  • OK.  In the meantime, think about the doctors of the future.  It used to be that the best and brightest became doctors.  They were smart and raked in some good money.  With obamacare, doctors will essentially be government employees.  They will earn only as much as the single payer (government) will pay them.  Do you think the best and brightest will be up for that?  No.  I think the doctors of the future will be journeymen, not superstars.

Having a journeyman doctor performing brain surgery, open heart surgery or treating the cancer on you or your loved ones inspires great confidence, doesn't it? 

Flint, Michigan
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Scary... I don't like this thread...or Obamacare. SWMBO is from Canuckistan (Winnipeg) and was adopted by a Newfie! Her relatives in the Great White North have some bone chilling tales of having to wait 18 months for an MRI!!! Me No Likey!

Cen-Tex you ignorant slut!  Government Healthcare for all ain't free.  It is paid for by those who have jobs.  Look at the promises that White House turd made to sell Obamacare.  "Your premiums will go down $2,500/year".  BS  Everyone knows premiums have skyrocketed.  "If you like your current insurance, you can keep it."  BS  The economics is designed to run private insurance out of business and make the government the single payer.  "There won't be rationing of healthcare or 'Death Panels' (a group of bureaucrats that decides if you receive treatment)." BS That's exactly what will happen.  Ask our Canuckistan brothers.  Death Panels are already starting.  In the news the past couple of weeks some little girl was denied a lung transplant by HHS Secretary Sebelious.  The little girl received it only after public uproar.  That's bureaucrats deciding who lives & who dies.  By definition a Death Panel.

Government will encroach on virtually every aspect of life in the name of  keeping health costs down for all.  Look at New York.  You can't buy a pop larger than 12 oz or put salt on your food at a restaurant.  Welcome to the nanny state and obamacare is paving the way. 

Well- the intelligent discussion ended at the "death panels" And the government conspiracy let a 10 year old girl die because she was too expensive to treat. she had private insurance and obamacare played no role in her treatment. If you want to have an intelligent conversation, you are going to have to look for sources beyond El Rushbo or we can just talk about brisket. (BTW- I thought your statement was inflammatory and uninformed so I googled it- and found it (verbatim) at: rushlimbaugh.com. dude, be better, please). The facts are, We've had socialized medicine in this country for decades. Where are All the cries about death panels from the seniors on Medicare and the needy on Medicade? My mom and step dad howl about how socialized medicine is going to kill us all. He's had 3 hip replacements and probably $300,000 worth of other stuff done all on Medicare :)). He limped around and waited for years and they day he became eligible went under the knife and hasn't stopped since. Just had his 3rd hip and a pacemaker in the last 60 days. He's wealthy BTW but hates the fact that poor people are going to leach their way into getting healthcare through Obamacare. BTW- he's a huge "death panel" guy. He's 86 and under the knife every 6 months for free and screaming about death panels. :)) he has easily spent $1,000,000 in healthcare since turning 65. Like you said, it ain't free. Now, I agree that the financials are sketchy and as I stated- I don't like it as written. I am pro business and think this thing is pretty much a turd. But don't drop the death panels and act like people want to see 10 year old girls die to save money. That position is indefensible to rational people.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited June 2013
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    I work for a very large chemical company and am a technician who produces specialty films.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453
    Cement Mixer driver...two tires blew out. Going 60 mph. With ten yards on. Sounded like a canon going off. Kept it on the road though..