Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saturday's Cook... Just Got The Okay

hapsterhapster Posts: 7,209
To do a prime rib for dinner tomorrow.

Might go to Shady Maple early or head up to the local farm/butcher and get a grassfed prime...

Going to do some simple veggies as sides. Thinking about doing the Smoked Gouda twice bake potatoes in the BGE cookbook.

Been a while... Haven't egged all week. The dealer has submitted my claim and my egg should be rebuilt, new gasket as well, in a few weeks.

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,586
    Sounds good. Can't wait for the photos. Always love your pics
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,209
    Thanks @Chubbs

Looking forward to it as well :)
    Can't wait to use the new gear to get the picture. I'll still use the iPhone for the quick in cook posts, but will use the RX100 for the "real" picture.
  • TEggSunTEggSun Posts: 214
    @hapster, I suppose I'm behind in my lurking, but what happened to your egg that requires a rebuild?
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,209
    TEggSun said:

@hapster, I suppose I'm behind in my lurking, but what happened to your egg that requires a rebuild?

Base has a crack in it. Having the dealer who is getting my the warranty base do the install as well. Figure the piece of mind is worth the $150 to make sure it's all good including an installed new gasket.
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,108
    My wife has been wanting me to do a prime rein, I'll be following you cook closely.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • TEggSunTEggSun Posts: 214
    hapster said:
    Base has a crack in it. Having the dealer who is getting my the warranty base do the install as well. Figure the piece of mind is worth the $150 to make sure it's all good including an installed new gasket.
    Yep.  Absolutely makes sense.
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

• Can't wait to see the pics!!
  • TarHeelBBQTarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
    i've smoke a prime rib once. turned out really really well. good luck!!
    image.jpg 259.8K
    image.jpg 242.2K
    image.jpg 290.1K
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,155
    Prime rib sounds deelish.

I was on vacation last week, so I missed a week of egging too. Hugged my eggs when I got home.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I love me some prime rib. Haven't done one though . Good luck Hap.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,133
    Hap doesn't need luck  @shtgunal3, all he needs is time, a nice double barrel whiskey, and a cigar.  Pictures are just the bonus when @hapster cooks.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • DredgerDredger Posts: 304
    Eagerly awaiting pics.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • LTAFlynEggLTAFlynEgg Posts: 84
    Mmmm Prime Rib, done two in the 4 months I have had my egg, was just thinking its going to be time to do another