Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Swing grate setup

Here's what worked for me. I bought the lower Weber charcoal grill which was about 10 bucks at the Depot to be the upper for my large. Then I bought a cast iron 18.5 inch on Amazon from Music City Metals http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HKI2YY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for the bottom of my large. Then I took my original BGE grill from the large and used it for the top on my XL.  Doing the math and including my Medium I now have 9.4 sq ft of BGE grill area!imageimageimageimageimage
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
·

Comments

• GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 997
    nice set up....
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 902
    Good job.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 745
    Looks good, what size is the weber you got at The Depot for the large?
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 758
    Lowflyer said:
    Looks good, what size is the weber you got at The Depot for the large?
    It's the lower charcoal grate for I believe a 22 inch weber. It measures about 17 inches across and it's made out of heavier steel than the upper cooking grate. It's like it was made for it.

·
  • CajunEggHeadCajunEggHead Posts: 189
    How did you make the swivel part you know the materials give us a closer look other than that great job....

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,747
    Nice set of eggs. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    Nice set of eggs. 
    pervert  =))
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
    CajunEggHead said: I'm not sure I understand your question.
    How did you make the swivel part you know the materials give us a closer look other than that great job....

·
    Nice set of eggs. 
    That's what she said!
    ·
  • bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 303
    The swivel part is the grid extender from the group buy last month.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,864
    PM eggcelsior  - it's not too late for the group buy.

·
  • cbr0011cbr0011 Posts: 85
    Could you fit two 8lb pork butts and 2 16lb briskest on the swing grate? I have a LBGE. I'm thinking butts on top, briskest on bottom.
    ·
    cbr0011 said:
    Could you fit two 8lb pork butts and 2 16lb briskest on the swing grate? I have a LBGE. I'm thinking butts on top, briskest on bottom.
    That sounds a little ambitious for a large but what the heck give it a try. Might want to look in to an XL for that much at once.
    ·