Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

General Tsao Wangs (pix)

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 1,776

My wife went out to dinner tonight with a coworker and some medical representatives.  That meant I got a bachelor night all to myself.  :D  I was craving Chinese Takeout, but I was also wanting to use the BGE.  I found some Wingettes on mega sale, so I decided to combine two of my favorites....general tsao chicken and WANGS!  ;) 

Gave these a dusting of baking powder along with a spicy homemade rub. 

Grilled them up Indirect at a dome temp of 400 deg f for an hour (give or take)...just grilled them up until they were very crispy.

Then sauced them with my favorite store-bought General Tsao Sauce:

Served up with some Nathan's Onion Rings.  Can't really tell from the next pic, but this plate was actually a platter.  LOL....  Don't tell my wife.  ;)  Although I didn't eat it all.  Still have enough for lunch tomorrow or the next day.  ;)  The General Tsao Sauce really worked well on the chicken wings.  A repeater for sure.  :)

2014 Co-Wing King

Comments