Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

looking at taking on the line of BGE'S

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just looking for a little encouragement on whether or not I should take on the BGE. I have pretty much made up my mind to do it, just curious about how to sell them, good poiunts, bad points if any.
Any and all comments would be appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Sunpoke Energy Systems Ltd., there aren't too many negatives except that they weigh a lot! As a dealer you have a built in sales force... just send your potential customers to this site. A great idea would be to have a computer in your store automatically logged into the Forum - the BGE can sell itself!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Sunpoke Energy Systems Ltd., first if your serious about that, I would recommend you visit with Ed Fisher at BGE home port in Atlanta. 1-800-939-EGGS or with their Distributor Manager.[p]Second, there is nothing like have a working BGE at the store and doing samples as well as you employee's burgers and brats or whatever else ..Demo days are neat and chops and steaks off the "egg" deliver's a "sold" sticker.
    Third..BGE has a great video for GFW's suggestion for store viewing. [p]Third..selling BGE's is one product that IMO, one can truely believe in and enjoy. And have the satisfaction that you have sold a product to a customer that has great factory warranty and service. A long time (30 plus years)tradition.[p]Good Luck..C~W[p]

• Unknown
    Options
    Ya..I missed forth..oh well!! :-)
    Happy 4th....C~W[p]

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Sunpoke Energy Systems Ltd.,[p]I agree with all that has been said and suggest that the biggest factor in the success of selling the BGE is a knowledgable sales staff that believes in what the cooker can do. I'd get a couple of volunteers from the staff and give them an Egg and access to this forum. It will not take long before you have a motivated salespeople that can answer questions, cook samples, and offer opinions that are based on their experience.[p]Best of luck and I hope we have helped,[p]Spin

• Unknown
    Options
    I was just at the BGE dealer in town and they are completely sold out. Not a one to be had. They sold 8 this week as well as a medium one and the floor model that they had been cooking on for some time. None of them needed to be "sold" every customer walked in and said "I want an Egg." Sounds like a good product to carry to me.[p]Sunpoke Energy Systems Ltd.,

• olblue
    olblue Posts: 42
    Options
    Sell them as a cult![p]Seriously, even though they don't wear out, we all seem to need a lot of gadgets, books, wood, charcoal, spices adn stuff. Then once we really get serious we need at least one or two more eggs.