Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A few thank you (3 pics)

ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,223

Wanted to say thanks to @tjv for the new AR I got in. I got it the same day I got my rubs/sauces from @travisstrick in the exchange. I broke the AR in with a spatchcock so I could try the Salt Lick Original Rub. That $hit was spicy!!! I loved it. Normally I would not post a spatchcock, but new rubs and new AR so had to...

One interesting point, I did not let this bird dry in fridge for 24 hours like usual, and this one was the most crispy I have cooked. Excellent, and i think it was the combo of the rub and the new cooking rig. Thanks Travis and Tom!

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
·

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 7,917
    I love the heat from Salt Lick rub but my wife doesn't.
    Join the 2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange!  Find out more information here:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1182005/2015-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,410
    Getting it high up In the dome sure makes you a better cook as well
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,197
    I swear I posted and it's not showing up....

Anyway, that looks damn good.

I've started flipping spatchcocks...I know, I'm a commie bastard - I also eat my corn radially instead of left to right, but I like the results.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,410

I've started flipping spatchcocks...I know, I'm a commie bastard - I also eat my corn radially instead of left to right, but I like the results.

You obviously have your drink on and punched the """Save Draft""" button once more =))
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,223

Thanks fellas. Love the AR....

@Nola I am trying to post tonights dinner and it wont let me post...

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,197
    Mickey said:

You obviously have your drink on and punched the """Save Draft""" button once more =))
    You're right on the first count. ;) but it's not in my draft folder, which I don't think I've ever looked at before until now.  I know, blame Vanilla!

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,818
    Whoa man, I can tell that is way too much rub from the pic. That rub makes great wings too. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,223

Whoa man, I can tell that is way too much rub from the pic. That rub makes great wings too. 

I like hot. Real hot. It was really good. Leftover made a killer smoked chicken salad.
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,324
    Nice looking bird Chubbs.  Doing poultry high in the dome is so easy and with fantastic results.  I like to start the birds skin side down for 5 to 10 minutes to give the skin a head start at rendering.  

The kind remarks on our products are greatly appreciated.  

tom
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    Your picture makes me want to break out the Salt Lick rub this weekend. Gotta love the heat.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 605
    Awesome looking chicken. The AR is an amazing grilling tool. The service you get from start to end when buying one is just as fantastic as the product.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,087
    who makes salt lick rub

XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,818
    GATABITES said:
    who makes salt lick rub

The restaurant called Salt Lick. It's here in Central Texas. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    It's good stuff
    ·