Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs on the Mini Egg?

Powderhound
Powderhound Posts: 139
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Any of you Mini owners out there ever do some ribs on the mini?  If so, do you have pics?  How did they turn out? 
Large, Medium, Mini, and Mini Max, a few too many accessories, 2 kids, 1 dog, and original wife.  Lover of winter, powdery snow, and lots of golf.  

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    It's been done, I don't have a mini but I think most wrap the ribs so they look like a snail shell if you look at them on the grill.  Hopefully someone will be along with pics for you.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Did a rack of baby backs on a Mini once: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1149520/baby-backs-on-the-mini#latest

They came out good. Jut not often that I want to cook just one rack so I usually cook ribs on the Large or XL.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Done em they turn out fine but its 1 rack and that's pushing it.
    Seattle, WA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    These beef ribs were outstanding. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    We do ribs fairly often on the mini. Do platesetter with grate then feet on their side and another grate on top of them with a half rack on each grate. A buddy and I both have minis and cartens and take our minis to their pool every weekend. Did ribs 2 weeks ago and they were great.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

I've done turbo beef ribs once just to do it, but I use the large for ribs. Gotta pick the right tool for the job.image

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• WC1
    WC1 Posts: 42
    I rolled them in a circle and put a tooth pick through the end, they came out great. Sorry I dont have a pic with me. If you search for ribs on the mini you might be able to find it.