Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cool 102 here today

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
In cool Salado 102 and 105 for Friday. Hard to crank up the Egg. image
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Saying its going to be 106 this weekend in Austin area. Not even July yet.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • same here in Napa. 107 by Tuesday. we're coming home to get out of this heat! still awesome here though
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I was worried about the rapture after seeing this, but looks like we survived.

same here in Napa. 107 by Tuesday. we're coming home to get out of this heat! still awesome here though
    That is hot for NAPA...Bet they are sweating bullets.  If you have a chance go to Sattui Winery.  They have some good wines.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • same here in Napa. 107 by Tuesday. we're coming home to get out of this heat! still awesome here though
    That is hot for NAPA...Bet they are sweating bullets.  If you have a chance go to Sattui Winery.  They have some good wines.

been there. good spot. kind off one of the "castle" places that popped up but still good food and vino. we did all small independents this time. Absolutely loved it. small, family owned producers that only sell on site for the most part. Really fun
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    The good thing is it took almost 7 months to hit 100 this year. I feel like we had already had 30 days of 100 last year at this point in Dallas.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • rsmith193
    rsmith193 Posts: 219
    We are looking at 117º for Friday, 118º Saturday, and 115º on Sunday here in the Phoenix area. :((
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    We are using rubber boots up here in Canucksville. Temps have been mid 60's. Forecast is for 80 ish on the weekend, can't wait. FINALLY summer might be here.
    Any of you guys know what it is like to egg in the rain???
    ;)
    Large, small, and a mini
  • nolaegghead
    We are using rubber boots up here in Canucksville. Temps have been mid 60's. Forecast is for 80 ish on the weekend, can't wait. FINALLY summer might be here.
    ;)
    Only too well.  We (NOLA) get the 3rd highest rainfall of all big cities in the US. That's why I moved the egg under cover.

http://www.livescience.com/1558-study-reveals-top-10-wettest-cities.html

Crazy Nola, I didn't know that, guess I can't feel as sorry for myself now. Our average rainfall is 66" annually, very similar. I re-tract my question.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • nolaegghead
    No worries, no need for retraction, we're all touched by freak weather.  When we first got our egg, we had no stand (planned on a table build), so it sat out under the bare blue sky, and it rained on a number of cooks.  Rather unpleasant to say the least. ;)  Where you at @smokesniffer? Alberta?
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    +110 in Vegas, we rebooked, maybe this fall. Us Canucks melt over 104F, 40C, hot tub temps....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    Ya'll need to recharge, please take some of our rain!  Yeah, good song.  I just watched the video.
    edited June 2013
    ;)
    Yep, cut the grass every two or three days, looking forward to summer this weekend....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    flew into vegas at 6pm it was 109* when I got off the plane they are predicting 112* here tomorrow and I am 120 miles north east of vegas.  its nasty hot and stays hot, still about 97* outside now at nearly midnight.
  • nolaegghead
    If anyone is into weather....I really respect this guy - Dr. Jeff Masters from wunderground.com

His blog is excellent reading.  Here in New Orleans, we're the sump for the whole midwest and our definition of normal is abnormal.  Mild winter this past year, never even had a freeze.  Anyhow, I digress. Just about everyone in-the-know here consults wunderground for severe weather information.  Here's his blog if you're interested. 

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/show.html
    edited June 2013
    Only 79 right now, oh wait 5 am......Stupid nightops call.
    For the first time in my life I went to Florida to cool off. Was only 90 in orlando when it was 99 here in Houston. 

Buckleing-in for my first official Full Houston summer.  (can't find the sweaty emoticon)
    :-SS
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I think Houston is hotter than the Sahara and more humid than the Amazon rain forest.  Weather wise - awful place.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • smokesniffer
    No worries, no need for retraction, we're all touched by freak weather.  When we first got our egg, we had no stand (planned on a table build), so it sat out under the bare blue sky, and it rained on a number of cooks.  Rather unpleasant to say the least. ;)  Where you at @smokesniffer? Alberta?
    Fraser Valley bout 45 miles outside of Vancouver BC,  Eh!
    Large, small, and a mini
  • smokesniffer
    In Austin we are like my favorite Blind Melon song......"no rain"
    Love the song,, "Amy's back in Austin" any relation to you.. ;)
    Large, small, and a mini
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    thetrim said:

I think Houston is hotter than the Sahara and more humid than the Amazon rain forest.  Weather wise - awful place.

I was in Seattle last week and missed it!

I think I may have fried Eggs by the weekend.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • In Austin we are like my favorite Blind Melon song......"no rain"
    Love the song,, "Amy's back in Austin" any relation to you.. ;)

No, but I've spent some serious time at La Zona Rosa. It's not a cafe like the say in the song but it was a great music venue. It's closed down now but I think they still use it for special events.
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Man, I am SPOILED. It was about 80 here in San Diego today and I was thoroughly unhappy (haha).
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    tazcrash said:
    Only 79 right now, oh wait 5 am......Stupid nightops call.
    For the first time in my life I went to Florida to cool off. Was only 90 in orlando when it was 99 here in Houston. 

Buckleing-in for my first official Full Houston summer.  (can't find the sweaty emoticon)
    :-SS
    Houston -- LA with the climate of Calcutta. I lived in Houston before moving to Round Rock. Salt Lake City was also hot and stinky.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • egger ave
    I spent most of the week in an unairconditioned warehouse in Bryan TX working on an integration. Temp was into the 90's by 1000. Subaru said it was 110 in the parking lot at 4pm today. 

Doing ribs in the morning after I cut and edge the yard @ 0630. 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker said:
    No, but I've spent some serious time at La Zona Rosa. It's not a cafe like the say in the song but it was a great music venue. It's closed down now but I think they still use it for special events.

It's closed now?!! :(( oh poop.

Those condo developer types better leave Red River alone.

Gittin' there...
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

In Austin we are like my favorite Blind Melon song......"no rain"

I was the bumble bee in the video
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • egger ave
    Finished the yard work, will fire up the mini at 1100 to grill some fajita ribs. Feels like 99 degrees at 10:00. Welcome to summer in South Central Texas.

Albert Einstein
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Kansas Monday... Record lows. 61 at night. Can't wait. High in murfreesboro tomorrow... 80
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN