Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Wing semi-fail

Made my first wings on the Egg tonight and they were looking fantastic.  The skin wasn't getting as crisp as I would like but I could tell they were fully cooked so I decided to crank up the heat just a little to finish them off.  Flipped them one more time and ran in the house to get my phone to take a picture.  When I opened the egg to snap a picture before pulling them off, it suddenly went inferno on me and I had to pull them off as quick as possible to avoid making my own charcoal.  Although about 50% were pretty charred, they were still tasty and actually nice and juicy on the inside. 

So I would love tips and trick to getting a nice crispy skin without the crazy flames?  I was doing them on a slightly raised grid at about 350°.

Jen

Jen

Lakeville, MN

Comments