Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

General Tsao Wangs (pix)

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 1,483

My wife went out to dinner tonight with a coworker and some medical representatives.  That meant I got a bachelor night all to myself.  :D  I was craving Chinese Takeout, but I was also wanting to use the BGE.  I found some Wingettes on mega sale, so I decided to combine two of my favorites....general tsao chicken and WANGS!  ;) 

Gave these a dusting of baking powder along with a spicy homemade rub. 

Grilled them up Indirect at a dome temp of 400 deg f for an hour (give or take)...just grilled them up until they were very crispy.

Then sauced them with my favorite store-bought General Tsao Sauce:

Served up with some Nathan's Onion Rings.  Can't really tell from the next pic, but this plate was actually a platter.  LOL....  Don't tell my wife.  ;)  Although I didn't eat it all.  Still have enough for lunch tomorrow or the next day.  ;)  The General Tsao Sauce really worked well on the chicken wings.  A repeater for sure.  :)

Comments