Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermometer clip

Options
I want to calibrate my thermometer and I can not get the clip off. Does anybody know how i can do this. It has been about 9 months and many cooks sine i last calibrated. There is a lot of crud on the stem. I tried using a ball of foil to clean it.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    squeeze it together and it'll slip right off like a greased weasel
    Options
    Once you get it off, throw it away.  You don't need it, and it makes removing the thermo a lot easier to calibrate or if doing a clean burn

CAT Seller Posts: 208
    Options
    Pull thermo from the outside, clip will fall off.
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    What Tj said and will not bend it so easy if you load tall xxx in.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• finster
    finster Posts: 136
    Options
    And you can set your target temp for 12 noon by spinning thermo due north.  Pizza, 500 straight up.  Butt, 225 straight up.. Anywhere b/t 11 and 1 you are good.  One of my favorite little tricks I've heard here yet (and there have been a lot).
    MBGE in Charleston

• scaryangel
    scaryangel Posts: 135
    Options
    Thanks guys. I think it was baked on the egg. I am throwing the nasty clip away!