Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Grilled Corn Recipes

Options
2»

Comments

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options

Soaking it and leaving it in the husk gives the corn a roasted taste, but it is a pain to clean just before serving and that is usually a busy time for me.  So i go the "clean and foil" method, add a little butter inside the foil and cook it along with the main course but at least 45 minutes.  Easier to just serve in the foil package.

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Options
    I have found that the benefit of roasting corn in the husk is very little to none as far as end product is concerned. I just buy corn already shucked and put it on the grill. No husk or silk to deal with. 

I grow many vegetables in my garden though out the year, so I do appreciate local and fresh. As to corn with husks, etc, .....not worth the trouble to me. 

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    I tried this tonight and it was fantastic. I think I just found my "go to" corn technique.

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• Charlie tuna
    Options
    I have to try this --  looks good?
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    How about making that basting liquid in a pan then basting on the corn while its on the fire?  That might be an easier way to do it rather than mving back and forth from grill to pan.  Whatcha think?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Charlie tuna
    Options
    My thoughts on that is the drippings would have a lot of flames since it is being cooked at 450 degrees direct??  Just sayin ?