Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

BGE Deep Dish Pizza Stone/Dish

Does anyone know where to find the 14" deep dish pizza stone/dish?  I found it on Amazon, but I'm hoping to find it cheaper than $50 plus $25 shipping.
Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

• hoffmandhoffmand Posts: 105
    edited June 2013
    Just talk to Chuck when you pick up your Ozark Oak.  He's mentioned having them in stock before :\">
    Cedar Park, TX
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091

Your dealer should have them...I love mine...only grease the pan with Crisco shortening for authentic Chicago deep dish flavor.

• JscottJscott Posts: 174
    I got one for Father's day and i believe my wife paid the full fare. 
    I've been reading about the greasing issue and mostly it says not to. I like Olive Oil in place of crisco, what do you think?
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,926
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr., smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat 

• JackhJackh Posts: 105
    Have a sassafras deep dish,used once worked very well
    Lg&Sm ---Middleport NY
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,778
    If you want Chicago style, get a steel pan and corn oil. No ceramic, no CI, no crisco, no olive oil (not in the pan anyway).

Everybody knows there’s three acceptable condiments for a hot dog; there’s mustard, onions and stagnant cart water! That’s IT!   ... Jon Stewart

Central Connecticut 

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    edited June 2013

• fljoemonfljoemon Posts: 662
    TEggSun said:
    Does anyone know where to find the 14" deep dish pizza stone/dish?  I found it on Amazon, but I'm hoping to find it cheaper than $50 plus $25 shipping.
    I use this Nordic Ware 14" deep dish pizza pan as a drip pan on my Large BGE. Should work for you. Not as expensive as the BGE one.
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,654
    get a steel deep dish pizza pan, or even better get a steel paella pan and use it for lots of things
  • TEggSunTEggSun Posts: 214
    Great advice.  Thanks, everyone.
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

• SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    Don't waste your money on a stone deep dish.  A deep dish steel pan is much better. After it is seasoned you will never be disappointed and you will save about $40.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!