Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE Deep Dish Pizza Stone/Dish

Does anyone know where to find the 14" deep dish pizza stone/dish?  I found it on Amazon, but I'm hoping to find it cheaper than $50 plus $25 shipping.
Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

·

Comments

• hoffmandhoffmand Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    Just talk to Chuck when you pick up your Ozark Oak.  He's mentioned having them in stock before :\">
    Cedar Park, TX
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091

Your dealer should have them...I love mine...only grease the pan with Crisco shortening for authentic Chicago deep dish flavor.

·
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174
    I got one for Father's day and i believe my wife paid the full fare. 
    I've been reading about the greasing issue and mostly it says not to. I like Olive Oil in place of crisco, what do you think?
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,812

·
  • JackhJackh Posts: 105
    Have a sassafras deep dish,used once worked very well
    Lg&Sm ---Middleport NY
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,470
    If you want Chicago style, get a steel pan and corn oil. No ceramic, no CI, no crisco, no olive oil (not in the pan anyway).
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    edited June 2013

N/A

·
  • fljoemonfljoemon Posts: 608
    TEggSun said:
    Does anyone know where to find the 14" deep dish pizza stone/dish?  I found it on Amazon, but I'm hoping to find it cheaper than $50 plus $25 shipping.
    I use this Nordic Ware 14" deep dish pizza pan as a drip pan on my Large BGE. Should work for you. Not as expensive as the BGE one.
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,281
    get a steel deep dish pizza pan, or even better get a steel paella pan and use it for lots of things
    ·
  • TEggSunTEggSun Posts: 214
    Great advice.  Thanks, everyone.
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

·
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    Don't waste your money on a stone deep dish.  A deep dish steel pan is much better. After it is seasoned you will never be disappointed and you will save about $40.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·