Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE Deep Dish Pizza Stone/Dish

Does anyone know where to find the 14" deep dish pizza stone/dish?  I found it on Amazon, but I'm hoping to find it cheaper than $50 plus $25 shipping.
Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

·

Comments

• hoffmandhoffmand Posts: 91
    edited June 2013
    Just talk to Chuck when you pick up your Ozark Oak.  He's mentioned having them in stock before :\">
    Cedar Park, TX
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091

Your dealer should have them...I love mine...only grease the pan with Crisco shortening for authentic Chicago deep dish flavor.

·
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174
    I got one for Father's day and i believe my wife paid the full fare. 
    I've been reading about the greasing issue and mostly it says not to. I like Olive Oil in place of crisco, what do you think?
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,508

·
  • JackhJackh Posts: 100
    Have a sassafras deep dish,used once worked very well
    Lg&Sm ---Middleport NY
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,697
    If you want Chicago style, get a steel pan and corn oil. No ceramic, no CI, no crisco, no olive oil (not in the pan anyway).
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    edited June 2013

N/A

·
  • fljoemonfljoemon Posts: 344
    TEggSun said:
    Does anyone know where to find the 14" deep dish pizza stone/dish?  I found it on Amazon, but I'm hoping to find it cheaper than $50 plus $25 shipping.
    I use this Nordic Ware 14" deep dish pizza pan as a drip pan on my Large BGE. Should work for you. Not as expensive as the BGE one.
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,542
    get a steel deep dish pizza pan, or even better get a steel paella pan and use it for lots of things
    ·
  • TEggSunTEggSun Posts: 214
    Great advice.  Thanks, everyone.
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

·
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    Don't waste your money on a stone deep dish.  A deep dish steel pan is much better. After it is seasoned you will never be disappointed and you will save about $40.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·