Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Whats wrong with you people

Comments

• Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 346
    I've just purchased a 2011 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI with 50k miles.  I understand that some of them have developed issues with the fuel pump.  Does anyone know if there is any preventative maintenance I should be doing to avoid issues, other than frequent filter changes?

I know I should post this on the TDIClub forum, but it's a less friendly place and I'm pretty sure there are no long threads with casual racism sprinkled in the middle.  I know because I checked.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,475
    Sure do.  Get 5 Canadians, a Jew, two black guys, a Pollack, a dude from White Bear Lake, two wood chippers and a mechanic.  Then....ah, nevermind.....

·
    Funny, that's exactly the advice I got on the TDIclub forum.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
    I used to have a Jetta ;)

·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 1,958
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,296
    edited June 2013
    Mama,

We test drove the TDI jsw but due to size settled on a 13 Passat TDI se. Those issues I read about on the forums are why we went brand new out the gate.
    It seems like a game of chance especially reading the TDI forums. Make sure you get good fuel, I have been particular about hitting high traffic fuel stations for fill up. Other than that its out first TDI. 40+ mpg on good road conditions is nice.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
    Thanks Skinny!  I knew I could find could better advice on this thread than the whole TDI forum!  I'm purchasing a 5 year/60k extended warranty through Costco, and me and the wife are going to keep the diesel receipts in case we run into problems.  I know the car is a bit of a coin toss, but hope the warranty will cover it.  We needed the wagon's space to haul around the kids' hockey equipment, and it seems fun to drive.

<insert casually racist comment here>
    Mamaroneck
    ·
    Is it a black Jetta?

·
    It is in fact a black Jetta!

and thus the circle is complete...
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,224
    My 2011 Audi A3 TDI is black...
    ·
    edited June 2013
    My 2011 Audi A3 TDI is black...
    Comment redacted by PRISM.  00101011010100100100111010101010011

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,941
    Just wait...I think it is coming

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    yeah... I think I'm not gonna go there...

We need @MDB or our resident faux troll @Fortoday to weigh in here.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,516
    i have 2 white boats and a green one, im ok with aliens
    ·
    Just Canadians eh? :-?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • FortodayFortoday Posts: 94

All Niger's love VW cars.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

See Proof:
    http://en.volkswagenclub.net/country/niger-206

·
    ....except there to poor to own any.  Probably digging for diamonds
    ·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 1,812
    It's funny because all of the people from Nigeria that I know just inherited a couple million dollars. 
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,908
    edited June 2013
    @Fortoday

I understand you're playing around, but you need to pull it back .  Edit your post man...and I could care less if you're trying to be witty.  Not necessary man.
    Just a hack that makes some **** BBQ...
    ·
    bud812 said:
    Have any of you guys seen the price of tea in China???
    What's that got to do with anything?
    B-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    I understand that coffee consumption has been rising there with the expansion of chains like Starbucks.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697
    I drive a black Jetta...

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 1,812
    I understand that coffee consumption has been rising there with the expansion of chains like Starbucks.
    And now Starbucks is getting into tea, because why not completely destroy something else for a profit?
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
    It's funny because all of the people from Nigeria that I know just inherited a couple million dollars. 

Its not Nigeria professor, its Niger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger

@cazzy understood. I dont want to pull a MDB. Only one ass is required here.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,249

And now Starbucks is getting into tea, because why not completely destroy something else for a profit?

Starbucks has somehow ruined coffee?

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 371

@nolaegghead   When you say PRISM, are you talking about CenturyLink's TV and internet package? 

Some door to door saleswoman came to the house the other day and sold me on it.  It sounded too good to be true, so I cancelled my subscription immediately.  I've asked my neighbors about it, and they say it's awful.  Terrible customer service, bad TV service in general, whacky billing changes. If so, what's your take on it?

If not, disregard completely.  I'm not too worried about the randomness given the smorgasboard of topics this thread covers.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
    edited June 2013
    @saltysam I'd say your comment is exactly on topic.
    Mamaroneck
    ·
    Which topic Mama? :-O

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    If anyone is wondering why I'm able to post so quickly, it's because I'm sitting at the DMV waiting to register my 2011 black VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI.
    Mamaroneck
    ·

SaltySam said:

@nolaegghead   When you say PRISM, are you talking about CenturyLink's TV and internet package? 

Some door to door saleswoman came to the house the other day and sold me on it.  It sounded too good to be true, so I cancelled my subscription immediately.  I've asked my neighbors about it, and they say it's awful.  Terrible customer service, bad TV service in general, whacky billing changes. If so, what's your take on it?

If not, disregard completely.  I'm not too worried about the randomness given the smorgasboard of topics this thread covers.

We have Cox internet/cable/phone and actually have great service and super fast interwebz access.  I was jokingly attributing the redaction to the NSA PRISM spy program. 

·